Northern Star Voyage 26 - Page 2 - Ships Nostalgia
01:54

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Northern Star Voyage 26

User Tag List

Old 31st May 2018, 19:53
Super Moderator

Hi Keven

Many thanks for the comments.

I am not that well actually, but still here!

I had no idea you were at sea especially on Northern Star. Ray Dyer was her Chippy, also from the Isle of Wight.

I also had no idea you were a member of SN, so welcome aboard

No letters in the CP of late, nothing more to say?!

No comment regarding the team you mentioned!!
Old 28th June 2018, 01:22

Hi David, great article full of information, I very much enjoyed reading it. I was on the Northern Star when I was five and remember her fondly. Les.
Old 1st July 2018, 05:48
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Purser
Active: 1967 - 1973

Hi David ~ wonderful to read your diary of your trip on Northern Star in 1968 ~ I worked on sister ship Southern Cross at that time. although we are travelling westbound and you eastbound, but can relate to your daily activities ~ for we published the daily newsletter in the Purser' Office where I worked. Your story brings back many happy memories of my sea going days both on Southern Cross and Northern Star where I worked 1971-1973 after the withdrawal of Southern Cross in 1971. I had worked a one off cruise to the Canary Islands and Lisbon on Northern Star in 5-17July 1968 and as supernummary we were berthed in a 6 berth on B deck which was quite an eye opener from a single berth cabin on Southern Cross. Fortunately with all our uniform kit we did not have 6 occupants in the cabin and just 3 of us shared the cabin - even so was tight fit for all our uniforms! Great experience though especially heading for the shower and loo block with a towel wrap around! Thanks for posting your wonderful diary ~ well done, cheers Jamie, Auckland, NZ