Peter Wallis - Ships Nostalgia
22:31

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Peter Wallis

User Tag List

Old 20th December 2018, 16:11
Organisation: Royal Fleet Auxilary
Department: Deck
Active: 1999 - 2008

Peter Wallis

Bit of a long shot as I've posted this before but you never know who has joined since?

I am seeking anyone who may have known my brother Peter Wallis (Wally) who passed away in 1976.

Pete was educated at the Royal Hospital School Holbrook and after getting into a spot of trouble went to the National Nautical School at Portishead (Formidable) I believe sometime around 1962-3 and went to sea on a trip around the world in 1964. Unfortunately both my parents are long dead and I was only 11 when he died so have only scant memory of his time at sea, but I do know he served in the RFA on the Tidepool in 1968-69 and I believe also on the Green Rover. I also remember that he served for a short while on the British Rail Sealink Isle of Wight Ferries.

I do have a vague memory of my Mother saying he sailed on the "Malcolm" which I think may actually been the Clan Line MV Clan Malcolm, I also for some reason believe he served with Union Castle Line and possibly another line as he went to Japan on a cargo liner or tramp?

He served on deck as an AB. I would be interested in hearing from anyone he may have a memory of him.

Many thanks

Tony