M.V Eastern Prince - Page 2 - Ships Nostalgia
03:28

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

M.V Eastern Prince

User Tag List

Old 16th May 2018, 18:35

David, that would be amazing. Do you need me to provide my email address so that you can send me those photocopies? Many thanks!
Old 16th May 2018, 19:25

David, I am new to this site, and may have replied twice, but I would love photocopies of what you have. If you like, I can provide an email address where you can send them, unless you are able to access that from the site. Please advise. Many thanks!
Old 8th June 2018, 14:55
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1959 - 2006

Hi Ian,

I joined the Bardic in Glasgow, 22/8/1961.
Got on well with Les Allison, more so on the second voyage when I was the only Eng Cadet on board, always found him willing to answer the stupid questions of a first tripper. A gentlemen.
Luckily the Maltese Prince had gone by the time I finished my apprenticeship, did hear tales of doom and gloom from others later when filling in time standing by other Prince Line ships in West India Dock. Sailed on Black Prince for 6 months as J/E, cushy number. Swapped that for 2 years on N.Atlantic, on the Newfoundland. Must have been mad.
David
Old 10th June 2018, 16:40
Active: 1959 - 1962

Hi David. Les was a gentleman but tended to fall out with the 2/E! I could write a book about my time on the Maltese. From the c/e telling me I was seeing things when I saw the steering quadrant rock (rudder pintail had sheared) to p ersuading a well known passenger that the Legion would shoot him going ashore in Algiers during curfew. Guns ready on shore. I was young. Regards Ian C
Old 10th June 2018, 16:52
Active: 1959 - 1962

David. On the Newfoundland, I saw her come into Halifax after a Storm 10 crossing ( we made 5miles one day). One boat was hanging from its davit and a section of the foredeck rail missing. I believe the captain went to his cabin and d
ied. I had a chat with the C/E of Black Prince when I was a dockyard apprentice. My dad was Furnesses Stevedore Super in Leith. Small world! Regards. Ian C