login to "ship nostalgia - Ships Nostalgia
00:23

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

login to "ship nostalgia

User Tag List

Old 29th December 2012, 22:42
ELDER MEMBER

login to "ship nostalgia

I wonder if anyone is having the same problem as me,for the past three weeks on this forum and another I am having to log in every morning with username and password.For the life of me i cannot figure out why this has happened,any tips greatfully received.

jim
Old 30th December 2012, 05:06

Sounds like you've blocked or deleted cookies, which you need for automatic log on. Check your browser's settings to ensure that it allows cookies (but not third-party cookies). Having done that, go to the log-in page for the site you wish to visit and look for a tick box that says something like "Remember me on this computer". Check the box and then log in. You should be logged in automatically the next time you visit the site.

Enable cookies in Firefox by clicking Tools, then Options, and then the Privacy tab. Check the box marked "Accept cookies from sites" and click OK.

To enable cookies in IE, click Tools, then Internet Options, and then the Privacy tab. Click the Advanced button. You have the option of allowing automatic cookie handling or overriding it. To override it, check the Override... box. Under First-party cookies select Accept and under Third -party cookies select Block. (Tracking cookies are third-party cookies.) Finally click OK.

Note that you can limit cookies to those from specific trusted sites, but the method for doing that should become clear if you follow the above steps.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Doug
Old 30th December 2012, 06:25

Yes I Had The Same Problems But Fixed Itself Ok Last few days I Have Used Fire Fox for Some Years Now But working Ok Now,VMR.
Old 30th December 2012, 12:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthehat View Post
I wonder if anyone is having the same problem as me,for the past three weeks on this forum and another I am having to log in every morning with username and password.For the life of me i cannot figure out why this has happened,any tips greatfully received.

jim
Click on the cog icon in the top right hand corner Tools (alt +x). Scroll to safety, go to delete browzing history, uncheck Passwords. PS I just leave History checked.
Old 30th January 2018, 17:38

Problems Logging In

hi Guys,
Been trying to get back to this group for a while and if it had not been for Fredie the Frog would be still out there.
Thanks for all your help with our Planet Lightship and I for one would love to see it shining her light again over this great Port.
Thank goodness we have the France Hayhurst to keep our little band together. Please see www.mrmsw.co.uk
best regards

Petertherock ex Stan the man
Old 21st August 2018, 06:18

Quote:

jim

Once logged in Right Click on Page and save as Shortcut to your desktop this way you just click on the Icon and wallah!
Old 3rd June 2019, 16:50

login to &quot nostalgia

Iberic
Old 3rd June 2019, 17:32
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1955 - 1960

When you log in, make sure the 'Keep me logged in' box is ticked.
Old 3rd June 2019, 21:08
Spongebob
Active: 1957 - 1961

I am having the same troubles, no longer will my log in to SN survive the day.
If I move off the sacred site to reference another it means going through the same full log on of username/password/save to get back .
This has happened a week or so ago.
I would be grateful if someone could tell me what buttondps to push to rid this problem when using an iPad .

Thanks Bob
Old 4th June 2019, 20:39
Administrator

Quote:

jim
Hello there,

For starters, can you clear your cache and cookies and click the "Remember Me" box when you log in?
Test it a bit and let us know if it's still happening.

Ed
Old 4th June 2019, 20:58
Spongebob
Active: 1957 - 1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ships Nostalgia View Post
Hello there,

For starters, can you clear your cache and cookies and click the "Remember Me" box when you log in?
Test it a bit and let us know if it's still happening.

Ed
Thanks for that professional help SNAdmin, I always tick the remember me box but can you tolerate my ignorance in saying there is little cache in the money box nor cookies in the biscuit tin these days ! Just a little more direction please.

Bob