Ships Nostalgia banner

RAF transport to Canada WW11

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Druitz 
#1 ·
Hi from Wales
I’m researching my family tree. My father was deployed to Canada during WW11 he went out I think in 1941 on a ship that was originally called the Ruhrhind but was renamed. I would like to know the name of the ship and ideally have a photo of it. He returned in 1944 on the SS Ile de France I would also like a photo of it and any other information if possible

#5 ·
Hi from Wales
I’m researching my family tree. My father was deployed to Canada during WW11 he went out I think in 1941 on a ship that was originally called the Ruhrhind but was renamed. I would like to know the name of the ship and ideally have a photo of it. He returned in 1944 on the SS Ile de France I would also like a photo of it and any other information if possible
If you google "New York Social Diary" there is lots of info on the Iie de France and photographs. May I suggest you check the spelling on the Ruhrhind. Regards (C)
Thank you I will check out the New York Social Diary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.