Captain. William Fulton Riddle. Bencruachan 1941 - Ships Nostalgia
01:23

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Captain. William Fulton Riddle. Bencruachan 1941

User Tag List

Old 27th March 2018, 19:45

Captain. William Fulton Riddle. Bencruachan 1941

I have been looking for an image of "Captain. William Fulton Riddle. OBE" he was master of the Bencruachan in 1941 when she struck a mine approaching Alexandria, he served most of his seafaring career with the Ben Line, later during the war he was master of the MAC-ship Empire Macalpine , his last ship was the Benvoirlich III, 1946.
I came on a report on the sinking of the Bencruachan in 1941, which is attached here, does anyone know the publication this was taken from ? it is sometime since I copied this an omitted to note the source.
If anyone can add to this I will be delighted to hear from them.

Joseph Kay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bencruachan Mine in channel.jpg (262.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 27th March 2018, 20:30
Organisation: Royal Navy
Active: 1976 - 1988

Hello Joseph,
He has some cards in the Fourth Register of Seamen. He has a CR10 card with his photo from 1919. If you can send me your email address by p.m. I will send them on to you.

Captain Riddle made a survivor's report held at Kew in piece ADM 199/137 page 291/2 - I have it but unfortunately the copy is very very poor.
Regards
Hugh
Paid it in full”

Last edited by Hugh MacLean; 27th March 2018 at 20:55..