ss IBERIA - Page 2 - Ships Nostalgia
16:02

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

ss IBERIA

User Tag List

Old 16th May 2017, 05:32

looking for passenger 1966

looking for a passenger named ernst, a german traveller musician. would have sailed on the iberia from may - july 1966. also seeking a passenger list from that sailing.
Old 13th January 2019, 06:21

Interesting a R Smith was one of those who failed to return to ship in 1965. Maybe someone knows what became of him after I lost contact in 1970??
Old 5th July 2019, 18:16

E A Beattie

Hi all,

thought i'd give here a try. I recently purchased what looks like an old ammunitions crate online however it looks repurposed and has some fairly worn P&O stickers on the side with details of what must have been the owner and it's got me intrigued about the history.

The details on the sticker is Miss E A Beattie, SS Iberia and it has Beattie London branded on the top. The date on the sticker says 23/05/1956 for one journey (cant tell if this is the outgoing or return). There are 2 passengers under that name that i've managed to find from the passenger lists with the DOBs being 1935 and 1952, I believe this belonged to the 1935 as I can vaguely make out Sydney on the worn part of the sticker and this was the destination for that DOB

does anyone have any further thoughts on how i could find out more, it's great reading up on the SS Iberia and would be great to find out more about a person who travelled on it and imagine what they may have had in the crate