Western Prince_Searching for Photos - Ships Nostalgia
10:55

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Western Prince_Searching for Photos

User Tag List

Old 7th October 2012, 08:28

Western Prince_Searching for Photos

I am looking for photos of the Western Prince (Prince Line). My father sailed on her in the 1950s. Although he stopped sailing after he emigrated to the United States, he has often spoke with fondness of his days at sea. I'd like to find a good photo of this ship from that era to frame for him as a Christmas gift. Anyone who has any photos or leads, please respond to this thread.

Thanks!
Old 7th October 2012, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanMcLean View Post
I am looking for photos of the Western Prince (Prince Line). My father sailed on her in the 1950s. Although he stopped sailing after he emigrated to the United States, he has often spoke with fondness of his days at sea. I'd like to find a good photo of this ship from that era to frame for him as a Christmas gift. Anyone who has any photos or leads, please respond to this thread.

Thanks!
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=WES...w=1440&bih=668
Old 7th October 2012, 10:34

Couple of pictures of a vesserl Western Prince on www.photoship.co.uk - hope she is the one you are lopoking for - BV
Old 8th October 2012, 05:50
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1958 - Present

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanMcLean View Post

Thanks!
Duncan: I have sent you a PM as I have five pictures of the Western Prince and will be happy to send you copies.
Bob
Old 8th October 2012, 09:28

Thanks, everyone, for the info/links!
Old 26th April 2013, 14:59
Organisation: Maritime Enthusiast
Department: Engineering
Active: 1953 - 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by n. liddell (sparks) View Post
Couple of pictures of a vesserl Western Prince on www.photoship.co.uk - hope she is the one you are lopoking for - BV
The two photos displayed are not of the Western Prince built by Harland and Wolff in 1956 on which I sailed . She had so many problems with her main engine and auxillaries that we - the Engineers on board re-christened her "The Festering Prince"!