Port New Plymouth - Page 2 - Ships Nostalgia
16:43

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Port New Plymouth

User Tag List

Old 12th October 2011, 13:49

Port New Plymouth(maiden voyage)

According to my fathers discharge book his engagement on the New Plymouth was 10th October,1960. Would this have been its maiden voyage. If anyone can confirm this as I think he did a maiden voyage on this ship. Tom Hinton(Harry Hinton chief chef's son)
Old 26th October 2011, 21:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja View Post
Bubbles - is it you who's left this post ! ? Remember me - Dave Allan ? ! How are you doin after all these years - I heard that you live in Timaru ? I'm still living in Southampton area. Have you heard from Clem in recent times ? Be good to hear from you mate.
Dave
I sailed with Bubbles as well! Clem, if I remember correctly, is driving a taxi in Manchester or Liverpool........
Just tell me old shipmates, I'm taking a trip mates
And I'll see them sometime on Fiddler's Green
Old 5th February 2012, 02:07
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1976 - 1982

I was 4th engineer on that last trip to Timaru. Have fond memories of that trip
Old 17th September 2012, 11:16
Department: Deck
Active: 1971 - 1978

Hi Dave, I was on that trip with Bubbles and live about 10 miles away from him now (nz)... I got to hear that Clem was coming over so had to see him, met them both, and had a great time with them, Clem has lost a lot of his memory though, he drives Taxis in the UK.... go here to see photos http://www.facebook.com/peter.jackman.n ....Regards Lee
Old 7th March 2015, 08:43
Active: 1971 - 1978

Smile Clem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja View Post
Bubbles - is it you who's left this post ! ? Remember me - Dave Allan ? ! How are you doin after all these years - I heard that you live in Timaru ? I'm still living in Southampton area. Have you heard from Clem in recent times ? Be good to hear from you mate.
Dave
Did Bubbles reply?
Clem came over here a few years ago, first time I had seen him since 1978...Bubbles took him on a trip around the South Island(NZ)...
Clem was and still could be a Taxi driver, he was telling me he rarely drank booze because his system had to be free of alcohol to drive...

Last edited by leejackman; 7th March 2015 at 08:49.. Reason: Didn't realise I'd already answered post
Old 29th March 2015, 15:24
Department: Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by leejackman View Post
Did Bubbles reply?
Clem came over here a few years ago, first time I had seen him since 1978...Bubbles took him on a trip around the South Island(NZ)...
Clem was and still could be a Taxi driver, he was telling me he rarely drank booze because his system had to be free of alcohol to drive...
Hello Lee, sorry for late reply, i have recently returned from Montevideo where i was carrying out a ship repair job and didnt see your message til now. No Bubbles never replied to my message so not sure if he saw it or not. Wud luv to catch up on him, if i ever get back out to Kiwi i will try and find him. I have been in Liverpool fairly recently but not seen any taxi driver who looks like Clem ! He may be retired by now as he is a fair bit older than me. Think he used to live in Skemersdale. Where do u live in NZ then Lee ? Cheers, David
Old 30th January 2018, 13:34
Active: 1957 - 1991

lampie adelaide

Was a SS&A man myself however Ihave to admit for looks Port line ships were hard to beat,sad that we have to use the word were.