Stuart Prince 1942-Chief Officer - Ships Nostalgia
00:10

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Stuart Prince 1942-Chief Officer

User Tag List

Old 9th December 2014, 08:52

Stuart Prince 1942-Chief Officer

I am searching for information on behalf of my Sister in Law.
Her Father was Chief Officer of the Stuart Prince when he died in 1942. His discharge book simply states "Engagement Cancelled".
Does anyone know were the Furness Withy records are kept?
Old 9th December 2014, 21:26
Organisation: Royal Navy
Active: 1976 - 1988

I can't really help with regard to any surviving shore side records for Furness Withy but I can tell you that there appears to be no mention of any death at sea in that year for the ship. If he died ashore while still a crew member then their may be a note in the narrative section of the ship's official logbook as to the circumstances of his death. The logbook for 1942 is held at Kew under the ship's official number 168022 in piece BT 381/2165. Hope that helps.
Regards
Hugh
Paid it in full”
Old 11th December 2014, 16:05

Thank you Hugh, this might prove interesting because my Sister in Law was told her Father died at sea of pneumonia. Maybe there is a mystery to be solved.
Thanks again
Terry