Ships Nostalgia banner

3/O mv Devis:

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  les.edgecumbe 
#1 ·
Racking my grey cells for the name of 3/O I sailed with (as R/O) on the Devis from March 1969 to April 1970.
He played Revells 'Bolero' none stop on his wind up record player, and brought away piston cylinders to polish (from either a bike or VW).
Captains were Mulligan and Capon.
Brilliant trips Brasil down hill to Argentina etc.

#3 ·
Racking my grey cells for the name of 3/O I sailed with (as R/O) on the "Oswestry Grange" from March 1969 to April 1970.
He played Revells 'Bolero' none stop on his wind up record player, and brought away piston cylinders to polish (from either a bike or VW).
Captains were Mulligan and Capon.
Brilliant trips Brasil down hill to Argentina etc.
amended 30Jly2018 for correct ship....NOT Devis, but Oswestry Grange. It's an age thing!!!

#6 ·
Was 3/M round trip Liverpool BA 1970? General cargo out and back--Master Gentleman Capt. Capon, Chief Mate Kevin Campbell - later UJ, 2/M Ed from Basra, Bosun Geordie Matt (sunk 3 times in WW ll.)
Montevideo Light House bar + wigs from M+S popular! lunch time steak sandwiches at BA new Docks + includes jug of red wine.
Belive Houlders sold on a few months later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.