Rowbotham Tankships Ltd - Page 16 - Ships Nostalgia
22:53

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Rowbotham Tankships Ltd

User Tag List

Old 24th December 2019, 14:30
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1970 - 1987

My location
BRYAN PORTER has asked me to pass on his best wishes to all those that knew and remember him.

He says "It is now 30 years since I last had any dealings with Rowbotham’s personnel and along with yourself I only keep in touch with Howard Robinson, Allan Thurbon and Sylvia Fisher"
Old 11th February 2020, 12:21
Department: Navigation
Active: 1966 - 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekhore View Post
There must be plenty of ex-Rockies on here, certainly some threads following on in the picture gallery would indicate that, so, in the words of a Norwich City Chairwoman.."Let's be 'avin you!"

Me - mate & 2nd mate - March 1980/July 1987......Rudderman (x3), Helmsman, Tillerman (my regular vessel x17), Orionman, Leadsman (x3), River Shannon (x4), Oilman (x3), Pointsman, Oarsman, Eastgate, Quarterman, Echoman (x4), Polarisman, Stellaman.
Neil 1 Started as a AB ended up as mate served on Orionman eastgate, westgate, Northgate Irishgate, Rudderman, Tillerman, Steersman,Guidesman,Cableman, Polarisman Anchorman, Tankerman,Chartsman, finishing off on the Westgate in 99.
Old 13th February 2020, 23:56
Department: Engineering
Active: 1977 - 1987

Hi just came across this forum, I started with Hull Gates originally on the Natalie, Per, Humbergate (dc electrics! Seven was chief engineer), Westgate in Ethiopia and I was on the Eastgate for sometime with Andy Shenton. By that time Rowbotham had taken over, I did trips on Stellaman, Marsman, Polarisman and I'm sure a few more! I left to come ashore back in 87.
Great days