British Esso T2's - Page 2 - Ships Nostalgia
15:47

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

British Esso T2's

User Tag List

Old 26th April 2016, 18:51

You need a scanner and down load it in to a file on your computer . Then transfer
it to your post . Rick.
Old 23rd December 2018, 12:03
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Navigation
Active: 1953 - 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidsal View Post
Memories-memories -I was 2nd mate on most of the Esso T2s mentioned - that was in the late 40's/50s.
Better late than never. I came across the site www.aukevisser.nl/inter-2/id473.htm and this site is about Esso T3 tankers and if you persevere to the end you will find a photo of a box boat conversion of the Esso Los Angeles, that ship was converted to SeaLand's 30 ft. containers which finally had to give way to TEU's. I joined the ship in Jurong dry dock in Singapore in 1989 where 2 of them were having the hold cell guides, hold bulkheads and the hatch covers converted to 20, 40, and 45 ft. configuration. Re-named Sea Adventure and Sea Pioneer they were quite handy ships and were used as feeders on the Rotterdam - Med run, also took part in Desert Storm.
I left in 1993 so Esso T3 tankers were still going strong although you may not have recognised them.
Old 25th December 2018, 11:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tremelling View Post
Hello Gentlemen of Esso.

I am painting a 1200 Waterline T2 as an Esso Tanker, and naturally would wish to flag it British. I am unable to find if any T2's did sail under the Red Duster. Any info?

Failing that I shall paint it as US flagged Esso Worcester, formerly Multnoman. I have a decent photo of her, only one query, what colour were the decks? I seem to recall Boot Topping Red?

As a Trident Tanker Apprentice of the 60's I have fond memories of seeing T's, and associate them more with Esso and Mobil than any other company.

Thanks,

John T
Caltex had stacks of t2s under the British flag. You should be able to find that trademark somewhere.