Burnett Steamship Co - Page 2 - Ships Nostalgia
19:09

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Burnett Steamship Co

User Tag List

Old 17th October 2010, 12:01
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Office / Administration
Active: 1965 - 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by kees_z103 View Post
Dear sir.Wouldyou by any change have a picture of the Federal Humber ex Federal Byblos.I made severlal trips on her way back in the 70's and i cant find a picture of her. I also saild on the Federal Avalon.
Greetings kees.
Hi although I was on the Federal Byblos whilst she underwent overhaul on the Tyne back in the seventies, I unfortunatgely do not have any photographs. I seem to recall she went out the the middle east at some stage. Will attempot to dig out some photos at some stage and get tghem uploaded. Regards. Roy.
Old 25th April 2015, 17:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW3OQK View Post
I sailed on the Tynemouth in the 1964, 65 with Capt Joe Barrass, and when he left the ship the mate took over, being Capt Tom Burke from Tynemouth or nearby. I have some pictures of the ship I could publish and here's one in the Welland Canal downbound with a full holds of grain and a deck cargo of timber. Happy days they were up the great lakes, & Eastern Canada. The collision with Inverewe was not spectacular, just bent the bow a bit.

Andrew
Hi, I sailed as a cabin boy on the Tynemouth around 1966/7 , would be interested in any pics and info you could send me,thanks
John Taylor
Old 2nd May 2015, 15:46
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Office / Administration
Active: 1965 - 1978

Smile SS Tynemouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjol View Post
Hi, I sailed as a cabin boy on the Tynemouth around 1966/7 , would be interested in any pics and info you could send me,thanks
John Taylor
Hi John, just saw your message re the old SS Tynemouth. Unfortunately I don't have any photos of this particular vessel. Case you didn't know the vessel was purchased way back in the late 1960's/early 70's by a Taiwanese company and renamed the Eastern River, I see from an earlier post on here that the vessel was scrapped after running aground or something worse many years ago. I worked within the office from 1964-1977 and had many happy memories of the firm and the ships and crews. Great days, sadly missed on the Tyne these days.
Old 2nd May 2015, 16:27

Hi, thanks for your message, yes, I understand she ran aground somewhere in the Philippines, sad end...
John
Old 1st July 2019, 18:29

ss wallsend wreck found in israel

Hello,
My name is Flaviu and I think i found the ss wallsend ship wrecked on the seashore in Israel (wallsend (3) 1924-1934).
To complit the research and I need the plans of the ship.
Somebody can help me with information where I can find them?
Thanks a lot Flaviu