Ships Nostalgia banner

British merchants sunk pics

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Gradelymon 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dear Gentlemen:
For my website to be complete, i need your help on how to find the pictures of these British merchants sunk in the south Atlantic. More than 170 British vessels were sent to the bottom in that area and I wish to pay a tribute to those gallant, brave sailors who are entombed in these shark infested waters.
I know I can count on you.
With my kindest regards.
Capt. Ozires Moraes
www.sixtant.net

BARON SEMPLE, CRITON, DAHOMIAN, EAST WALES, ELMDALE, ELMDENE, ELMWOOD, EMPIRE KOHINOOR, EMPIRE NOMAD, EMPIRE TENNYSON, EMPIRE ZEAL, FORT. CHILCOTIN, HAMLA, ILE DE BATZ, ILORIN, KINGSTON HILL, KINGSWOOD , LLANDILO, OCEAN MIGHT, OUED GROU, RABAUL, REEDPOOL, ROBERT HUGHES, SIRE , SOLON II, TOWER GRANGE, TOTTENHAM, TRAFALGAR,

#2 ·
Welcome, Ozires from the usually sunny Isle of Anglesey. I have no information to offer you, but I'm sure someone on here will be able to either furnish you with the information you seek or at least point you in the right direction.

I hope you enjoy your time on this wonderful site.

#3 ·
That's a good beginning though

Indefatigable Coastie: All my warm welcome to you. I hope someone can send me even a flashlight on where I can obtain these pictures. For sure they will come today, tomorrow.
I will look in my Map room where is the exact location of the sunny Anglesey and send my best wishes/regards.
From sunny Recife. Visit my website and see the a broad aspect with the war in the south Atlantic. www.sixtant.net

#5 ·
Welcome

ozires,

On behalf of the SN Moderating Team, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and I am also sure that someone will be able to help with your query – in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)

p.s. Anglesey is in the northwest corner of Wales! (==D)

#6 ·
Kingston Hill

I do not have a photo of the Kingston Hill but I do have an iamge of the engineers drawings for the class of ship used by the Clyde shipyard that built it and its sister ship the Primrose Hill.
I'd be happy to send you a copy. Did you ever find a photo of the Kingston Hill?

#9 ·
Gradelymon,

At the top of the page you will see a list of options - Views - User settings etc there you will find - PRIVATE MESSAGES. Click that and it will give you a drop down and on the left hand side you will find - Private Messages- click the - send a new message and follow the instructions. Very like an email.

Neville - Hawkey01

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.