Ships Nostalgia banner

Bernard Haworth

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Johnny Walker 
#1 ·
Hello All

I wondered if any of you good folks could help with my quest.

My Dad, Tony O'Shea, did his 2nd Class PMG Cert at Riversdale College in Liverpool in 1956/57, where he met fellow student and Liverpudlian Bernard Haworth. Dad and Bernard became good pals, got their licences and went to sea with Marconi.

Dad and Bernard kept in touch for quite a few years, but with families moving and the like, lost contact.

The last I have been able to find of Bernard is that he worked at the Ilfracombe Coastal Radio Station until it closed in 1986 and gathered for a photo at the old station (now a recording studio) in 2009: http://www.ariel.org.uk/

If anyone knows Bernard or knows of anyone who might know Bernard and can get a message through, my Dad, who is now in his 'twilight years' and I would be most grateful.

Thanking you all in advance

Helen

See less See more
#2 ·
Helen,

I knew Bernie well a I worked with him at Ilfracombe Radio. He at that time lived - if my memory severs me correctly - in Combe Martin. However it is a very long time since we last met. You could possibly have a look at the Electrol Roll for that area - I moved away from there in 1986 so a long time back.
If I have any other ideas I will PM you.

Neville - Hawkey01

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.