Ships Nostalgia banner

Looking for S.S. Marengo photos

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Eugene_N 
#1 ·
#10 ·
This Really Is Ships' Nostaligia

Wonderful to see these pictures of the Marengo. I made several happy voyages across the Atlantic on her as R/O. The Master was David Stokes.

My last trip on the Marengo was in 1958.

#4 ·
Why not try the Hull Maritime Museum - part of Hull Museums - seeing
that Hull was the home port for the Wilson line. They have a wealth of artefacts and do***ents and may be able to point you in the right direction. Please note that the museum is presently closed to the public because they are undergoing a large refit but the staff is still in place. The general enquiries contact details are below.

Hull Maritime Museum
Queen Victoria Square
Hull
HU1 3DX

General Enquiries - 01482 300 300

Good luck

Howard

#9 ·
#12 ·
Backsplice - thanks Mister! This one is a bit better than the image posted on http://www.tynebuiltships.co.uk/M-Ships/marengo1910.html ,... but I'm afraid that the quality and resolution are still insufficient.

In the meantime, I already emailed to the Hull Maritime Museum (as part of Hull Culture & Leisure), but 7 days later, there is still no response from them, unfortunately. Neither positive, nor negative, nothing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.