New Member - Ships Nostalgia
16:40

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

User Tag List

Old 8th December 2017, 17:45

Hello. I'm David Nestor. I'm an ex Merchant Marine Radio Officer with IMRC. I served for ten years (1960 - 1970). I served on all kinds of ships including 4 years on RMS Queen Elizabeth.
Old 9th December 2017, 12:26
Bilge Rat
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1957 - 1963

My location
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer
Old 9th December 2017, 14:31

Thank you Billy Boy. Yet to explore it fully but it certainly looks very interesting.
Old 10th December 2017, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnestor View Post
Hello. I'm David Nestor. I'm an ex Merchant Marine Radio Officer with IMRC. I served for ten years (1960 - 1970). I served on all kinds of ships including 4 years on RMS Queen Elizabeth.
Hi Dave, Remember you from Brookes Bar Radio College. Missed you on the Queen, joined her for a week, got transfered because another R/O died in New York. You were on leave that trip. Regards Robin
Old 11th December 2017, 11:11

Reply to Robin

Hi Robin. Thanks for getting in touch. I have to say I only have vague memories of you. Don't think you were in my group that passed through Brooks Bar in !959/60. In fact I can't remember most of the students at that time. A couple that come to mind are John Furness and Neville Kears. I'm still in touch with a few of the R/O's from the QE. Tony Johnson and I converse quite frequently and I exchange Christmas cards with Bryan Staton. Willie Powell is something of a recluse in Wales and Norman Griffin is knocking about. Mike Jeffrey and I also exchange Christmas cards. He's living in a flat not far from Southampton docks. I only came across this site by accident and haven't explored it fully. It seems very good. Nice to hear from you. David
Old 17th December 2017, 12:35

Hi Dave, Funnily enough you are the only one I remember don't ask why. Probably because when I got assigned to the QE your name came up and Brookes Bar came to mind. Unfortunately only got a week On the QE, tried to get back on her, but it never happened so no other R/O's come to mind.