F.C. Strick Line - Ships Nostalgia
05:42

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

F.C. Strick Line

User Tag List

Old 11th May 2019, 00:35

F.C. Strick Line

Anyone sailed on Strick line around.? The Shahristan and Turkistan?
Old 27th September 2019, 19:49
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1973 - 1979

Strick Line

I never sailed on Stricks as Stricks but had a great trip on Strathalvie (by then GCD) ex Floristan ....sister to Strathappin ex Shahristan. We were berthed alongside each other in Bahrain for a few days sometime @ 1975 I guess.
Visited several other ex Strick boats ....I liked their style and the also the slightly less formal approach than was evident on other GCD ships from NZS and BI. Not that there was anything wrong with that ....just different.
Old 27th September 2019, 21:00
Department: Deck
Active: 1973 - 1979

Strick Line

I never sailed on Stricks as Stricks but had a great trip on Strathalvie (by then GCD) ex Floristan ....sister to Strathappin ex Shahristan. We were berthed alongside each other in Bahrain for a few days sometime @ 1975 I guess.
Visited several other ex Strick boats ....I liked their style and the also the slightly less formal approach than was evident on other GCD ships from NZS and BI. Not that there was anything wrong with that ....just different.
Old 9th October 2019, 19:13
Department: Radio Officer
Active: 1963 - 1995

My only experience of Stricks was on the Gorjistan, as RO relief on a light ship coasting trip Hull - Liverpool north about. It was certainly a little 'formal' though. I came down for breakfast the first morning, and went towards what I thought was the saloon, only for the Steward to stand in my way and point me down aft to where 'the others' dined !! Nice ship though, liked it.

David
+
Old 9th October 2019, 21:22
Department: Radio Officer
Active: 1962 - 1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.hopcroft View Post
My only experience of Stricks was on the Gorjistan, as RO relief on a light ship coasting trip Hull - Liverpool north about. It was certainly a little 'formal' though. I came down for breakfast the first morning, and went towards what I thought was the saloon, only for the Steward to stand in my way and point me down aft to where 'the others' dined !! Nice ship though, liked it.

David
+
Similar coasting experience on the Kohistan re. dining, although the Ch.Eng had to slum it with us one one occasion. Sailed Avonmouth to Liverpool where the skipper insisted I call the pilot on 2Mhz rather than he use the VHF. On to Antwerp where a very good time was enjoyed.....’paid off’ then ferry to Harwich, (Mobil would have flown us back).