Ink - Page 2 - Ships Nostalgia
15:40

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Ink

User Tag List

Old 12th May 2019, 21:08
Spongebob
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1957 - 1961

Yes Split, as I remember those early Biros were as unaceptsble as a pencil when signing legal documents and the fountain pen was supreme .
Today top line fountain pens rank like Swiss watches when it come to cost so few of us have one. Parker , Mont Blanc , Sheaffer, Conway Stewart , come to mind.

Bob
Old 13th May 2019, 01:28

Hi George.
Since you started this post I have been getting blank pages from my printer, found out that as i haven't used it for around three months the ink has dried out, and they were new ones, Bastward thing is now refusing to do anything, so it's back to the pen for letters.
Tugger
Old 13th May 2019, 08:17
Department: Navigation
Active: 1964 - 1982

My location
Try cleaning the printer heads.
Old 13th May 2019, 13:52
Department: Deck
Active: 1966 - 1983

Further to #19 Yesterday I purchased a complete set (4) of compatible high yield toner cartridges for home Dell 1660 for 8.50 on Ebay. Private non-commercial sale saving me over 200.00 on OEM list price.

BW

J

Last edited by jmcg; 13th May 2019 at 21:18.. Reason: typo
Old 14th May 2019, 01:49

Ive done that Dave on my sons advice still no joy, I might take up calligraphy, it's the latest craze here.
Tugger
Old 14th May 2019, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugger View Post
Hi George.
Since you started this post I have been getting blank pages from my printer, found out that as i haven't used it for around three months the ink has dried out, and they were new ones, Bastward thing is now refusing to do anything, so it's back to the pen for letters.
Tugger
I use email, these days. I rarely get a letter. Even the MNOPF gets the periodic "Confirmation That You are still Alive" form sent by email.
Old 14th May 2019, 19:16
Department: Deck
Active: 1954 - 1962

My location
check a great ink supplier

[email protected]>
Old 19th May 2019, 21:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugger View Post
Hi George.
Tugger
I've always used compatibles with no problems and like yourself a very light printer user
But I run the test page once a week to make sure all the heads are clear and the cartridges last for ages