Anyone serve in the Battle of the River Plate? - Ships Nostalgia
03:04

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Anyone serve in the Battle of the River Plate?

User Tag List

Old 11th March 2008, 18:04

Anyone serve in the Battle of the River Plate?

I am currently doing some research on this battle and would love to get in contact with some veterans who served in it. If you did, then please PM me
Thank you.

Alex

Last edited by non descript; 11th March 2008 at 18:08.. Reason: email address deleted
Old 11th March 2008, 18:09
user

My location
Alex,
A PM will work wonders and you can follow it up with an email exchange once you are in contact with whoever makes a PM. The Site Owners ask that email addresses are not displayed - this is more to protect the Member than the Site Owner - so I have taken the liberty of editing your post accordingly.

Mark
Old 11th March 2008, 18:59

My location
Hi Alex
There are two HMS Exeter Associations in existance, one consists of those who served during the Battle of the River Plate and the other consists of those who served in the ship at the Battle of the Java Sea and became Prisoners of War. I conducted the Annual Reunion Service at the beginning of the month for the Java Sea Association. I will contact the Secretary to ask if he can provide a contact for the River Plate Association.
Regards
Peter4447