Tramp Ships of the 1950's and 1960's - Page 2 - Ships Nostalgia
21:35

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Tramp Ships of the 1950's and 1960's

User Tag List

Old 19th November 2019, 10:54
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1950 - 1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmith View Post
Joined years ago, but have been offline due to family reasons.
Welcome back Bill
Old 20th November 2019, 00:44

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmith View Post
Joined years ago ,but have been off line due to family reasons.
Most of us on here have been offline for family reasons for periods in our lives before we finally managed to sneak out the back door with a kitbag.when no one was looking and find yet another berth where we were REALLY happy..at sea.. .... Welcome back aboard.. Only a man who had been there.. and loved it knows how true what I once told my children why I wanted to be at sea, not ashore is........

"Before I did turn in it was my own private meditation time. Id stroll aft for my last solitary smoke I'd lean over the rail as flying fish flitted across the wave tops, Porpoise following the ship played their chasing games with each other in the phosphoresce and a beautiful pacific sunset would finally give way to night and the stars of the Southern Cross.
As it dipped below the distant horizon I would flick my butt into the waves, knowing for sure that there was nowhere else on this planet I would honestly rather be, than standing than right there, right then."
Old 25th November 2019, 20:35

Moor Line / Anchor Line

Clive - Recall we sailed together on the Hazelmoor / Glenmoor - I was Third Mate at the time - not sure if you also sailed on the Sidonia.
You will recall various Masters - Captains Fielding, Robson,Dean, Martin - Looking back these were interesting times and, by the mid 70's,I could see the demise of British Shipping and moved on to shore based maritime work.
Bob logan.