Reunion attendees, please read - Ships Nostalgia
06:38

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Reunion attendees, please read

User Tag List

Old 5th October 2010, 12:03
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Radio Officer
Active: 1964 - 1975

My location
Exclamation Reunion attendees, please read

Gentlemen, the time has come to close off the bookings and advise the hotel of final numbers and I have already done so based on the details below. It is quite possible that late attendees might get rooms but this cannot be guaranteed.
Please read the list below carefully and check that the details are correct. I have been tracking bookings on an Excel spreadsheet and that will not transpose on to this website. I then tried to create a chart in Word that would be easy to read but that put everything in the wrong columns when I pasted it on to here. As a last resort I have re-typed everything in plain language as seen below. It is just possible there has been a transcription error so please check and please contact me as soon as possible if there is anything incorrect in your details – NB it is not necessary to confirm if your details are correct.

Roger and Marian Bentley: Double Fri/Sat, Fri dinner, Sat lunch, Sat dinner, coach x 2
Ian and Debbie Roberts: Double Fri/Sat, Fri dinner, Sat lunch, Sat dinner, coach x 2
Paul Georgeson and Elizabeth Boyd: Double Fri/Sat, Fri dinner, Sat lunch, Sat dinner, coach x 2
Harry and Beryl Nicholson: Double Fri/Sat, Fri dinner, Sat lunch, Sat dinner, coach x 2
Tony and Barbara Crompton: Double Fri/Sat, Fri dinner, Sat lunch, Sat dinner, coach x 2
Tony and Rosemary Selman: Double Fri/Sat, Fri dinner, Sat lunch, Sat dinner, coach x 2
Donald and Margaret Macleod: Double Fri/Sat, Fri dinner, Sat lunch, Sat dinner, coach x 2
Stuart and Phyl Smith: Double Fri/Sat, Fri dinner, Sat lunch, Sat dinner, coach x 2
Hugh and Ann Shuttleworth: Double Fri/Sat, Fri dinner, Sat lunch, Sat dinner, coach x 2
Stan and Gillian Fraser: Double Fri/Sat, Fri dinner, Sat lunch, Sat dinner, coach x 2
Hugh and Avril Donaldson: Double Fri/Sat, Fri dinner, Sat lunch, Sat dinner, coach x 1
Richard and Lynda Ellerington: Double Sat only, Sat dinner
Vaughan Griffith: Single Thu/Fri/Sat, Fri dinner, Sat lunch, Sat dinner, coach x 1
Dave and Julie Woolfenden: No accom. Sat dinner
Sam and Diana Baxter: No accom. Sat dinner
Erin and Mary Jackson: No accom. Sat dinner
Charles Drought: No accom. Sat dinner
Ian and Annette Poole: No accom. Sat dinner
Max Benson and Carole Mutziger: No accom. Sat dinner
John and Pauline Gratrix: No accom. Sat dinner

Please note all rooms are non smoking and the hotel will impose a 200 charge to clean the room if residents smoke in rooms. Smokers be warned.

Not long now and I must say I am really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Burra Salaams

Tony
Old 5th October 2010, 20:23
Active: 1950 - 1961

Apologies to the Sprigings Family

Sorry Burra Sahib, Roger has just alerted me to your names being missing, he is now relaying your details which are confirmed as follows. Tony and Judy Sprigings. Double Fri and Sat. Dinner Friday and Saturday. No lunch Sat and no coach booking.

Hope this is OK and my sincere apologies, Tony
Old 7th October 2010, 18:18

My location
As Roger says above I pass my apologies to Tony Sprigings. I feared that something would get lost in the transposition but am nonetheless annoyed that it happened because my wife and I cross checked names. I blame the Mem - just can't get the staff!
Old 12th October 2010, 12:12

My location
I am pleased to add two new names to the Saturday dinner list only:-
Ian Reid-Entwistle and Sonia James.
Very unfortunately I to have to remove one that is remarkably close to my own and that is the Mem Sahib. She was unfortuately bowled over by a dog on Sunday and is currently in hospital awaiting surgery on a fractured knee. For any number of reasons this is an absolute bu**er not least because she has been looking forward to this for ages. There are several scenarios at the moment but the most extreme is that I will not be able to attend either, although with the family support structures that are currently being discussed I think this is unlikely. As you can imagine I am unbelievably reluctant to pull out at this stage having put so much effort in to organising things. When you are in temporary accommodation before moving house in a couple of weeks this is not perfect timing but hopefully things will pan out for a successful conclusion.

I have received a couple of contacts querying how attendees taking Saturday dinner only can pay. I need to discuss with the hotel but I think the solution is that attendees pay me in cash for the meal content and they pay for their drinks with a running account at the table. I will then have their meals added to my overall bill. I will brief everyone at the time if the hotel comes up with a different plan.

Despite the setbacks I am looking forward to seeing everyone next week.
Old 12th October 2010, 13:21

Tony,

Really sorry to hear about your Memsahib's accident - I hope you can make it on Saturday.

As you know, I am is Perth at the moment, on business, and am sorry I could not join you, as I had originally planned. Please pass on my best wishes to the crowd - I dare say that Dave Wolfenden and/or Erin Jackson might remember me as a pretty stupid young Apprentice - after all these years I have not changed much!

David Byrne
Old 12th October 2010, 15:29
Department: Navigation
Active: 1944 - 1989

Tony, We are so sorry to hear of the accident to Rosemary. What rotten luck in the midst of a move. Please give her our best wishes and our hope for a quick recovery. Best regards, Tony & Judy
Old 12th October 2010, 22:33

My location
That is wickedly bad luck at any time, and the timing here is impeccably bad, nefarious even.

I did mention, Tony, that I would in all probability have to visit my Aunt in Meols. Had Rosemary's mishap occurred on the Wirral she could well be in the same ward as Nurse Doris Shuttleworth who, on this occasion had a mishap with her cat and broke her leg. Doris, 97 tomorrow, is convalescing. The cat didn't fare so well, she must have landed on it and it was found outside a day later having succumbed. God speed and get well soon to your memsahib.
Old 16th October 2010, 23:18
Department: Engineering
Active: 1960 - Present

Reunion

Hi Tony, Sorry I have not been in touch, my details are correct except don't require coach as will be doing our own thing, being my home area.
Will be there sometime Friday afternoon, really looking forward to both nights, must remember the Alka Seltzer

Paul
Old 16th October 2010, 23:50
Department: Engineering
Active: 1960 - Present

Tony, Sent me mail before reading about your wifes accident, what rotten luck. Have checked with the hotel tonight 16 October, it seems they had me down as Mr & Mrs Paul Boyd instead of Paul Georgeson and Elizabeth Boyd, as per your list. Managed with Janets help at the hotel to sort it out
Paul