Cunard Three Queens - Ships Nostalgia
15:34

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Cunard Three Queens

User Tag List

Old 18th April 2015, 09:36

Cunard Three Queens

I will be on Merseyside on Monday 24th May, the day of the Cunard Three Queens event. I didn't get tickets for the Ferry cruise. Anyone know the programme for the day? Any tips as to best place to be at what time? I have a small baby so can't spend the whole day ship watching...
Old 18th April 2015, 10:45

It will be packed, maybe a million visitors,roads into New Brighton will be blocked off and park and ride availible. you will be lucky to get any where near to parking at Seacombe. I would think it will be chaotic.
Old 18th April 2015, 23:34
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1944 - 1953

good day candide,m,yesterday.18:36.re:cunard three queens,it will be a great sight to see,i will have to see it on the tely.thanks for posting regards ben27
Old 24th April 2015, 09:21

My location
This was in yesterdays Liverpool Echo :-
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats...5-full-9094540

Dave
Old 24th April 2015, 11:28

Its going to be a busy few days on Merseyside. Here is the programme:

Saturday 23 May
10pm Amazing Graces state-of-the-art projections on the Three Graces exploring the spirit of Liverpool.

Sunday 24 May
9am Queen Mary 2 arrives in the city and berths at Liverpool Cruise Liner Terminal
10pm Amazing Graces projections
10.30pm Firework display

Monday 25 May
10.45am Queen Mary 2 leaves the berth to greet her two sisters at Brazil Buoy (on the river between Crosby Beach and New Brighton)
12pm to 2pm Three Queens meet and sail in formation south towards the Liverpool Echo Arena, and then north along the Mersey
2.10pm Queen Mary 2 leaves the city, Queen Elizabeth berths at the Cruise Liner Terminal and Queen Victoria anchors in the middle of the Mersey
10pm Amazing Graces projections
10.30pm Firework display, after which Queen Elizabeth leaves the city and Queen Victoria berths at the Cruise Liner Terminal

Tuesday 26 May
4.30pm A special musical sail-away performance to say goodbye to Queen Victoria
5pm Queen Victoria sails out of the city
Old 24th April 2015, 18:09

Not Mersey ferries,they are Birkenhead ferries,my missus has apoplexy each time they call it Mersey ferries.
Old 24th April 2015, 18:23

Tom!

You really shouldn't upset our friends on the far side of the Penny Bridge!
Old 24th April 2015, 21:35
Department: Deck
Active: 1957 - 1969

Just out of interest as I sailed in cunard cargo ships during the 60,s are they still British owned regards to all hands
Old 24th April 2015, 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom roberts View Post
Not Mersey ferries,they are Birkenhead ferries,my missus has apoplexy each time they call it Mersey ferries.
Your Missus is dead right. The three boats left are Birkenhead Ferries (Mountwood, Woodchurch and Overchurch) but now running with Wallasey names (Royal Iris Of The Mersey, Snowdrop and Royal Daffodil, which is sadly in perminent lay up)
Old 29th April 2015, 15:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURANGO View Post
Just out of interest as I sailed in cunard cargo ships during the 60,s are they still British owned regards to all hands
Cunard is owned by Carnival Corporation & plc, which though listed in both the UK and the USA is actually very much an American company. The ships are registered in Bermuda, which conveniently has the red ensign as it's flag. Cunard is Carnival's upmarket British brand. They also own P & O Cruises (but not the other parts of P & O), whose ships are also registered in Bermuda, except for the new "Britannia" which was registered in the UK largely to avoid embarrassing the Queen, who named it at Southampton last month. Expect it to go Bermudan soon. Carnival has many brands including Holland America, Princess Cruises and Costa (cruises, not coffee!).
Old 29th April 2015, 15:22
Super Moderator
Department: Engineering
Active: 1952 - 1965

Greetings candide and welcome to SN. mBon voyage.