Yc/pas/rmas Gallery Section. - Ships Nostalgia
02:22

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Yc/pas/rmas Gallery Section.

User Tag List

Old 2nd May 2011, 11:35
Organisation: Royal Fleet Auxilary
Department: Deck
Active: 1958 - 2006

Yc/pas/rmas Gallery Section.

Brilliant, I am absolutely overjoyed that We now have over a 1,000 pictures up-loaded into this section YC/PAS/RMAS. Can I say many thanks to all those who have made contributions and long may it continue. It does go to show that this remarkable Fleet of little ships has made a big contribution to SN and I thank the MOD'S for their help in this. I had better add that I do realise that a lot of the vessels are Serco Denholm which really are commercialy run but they are nevertheless RN Dockyard vessels some of which were ex RMAS and are still manned by many ex RMAS Seamen. Anyway, once again thank You all so much for your support of YC/PAS/(RMAS. (SD).
REGARDS.TONY. (OLD STRAWBS.)(DISCHARGE BOOK No R691311) CAREER (1956-1958) T S ARETHUSA(215, QDST, 21 MESS)/ (1958-1963)/ RFA/ (1964-1965) AUWE / (1965/1973) SHORESIDE/ (1973-1995)PAS/RMAS (PORTLAND NAVAL BASE)/ (1996-2002) RFA/ (2002-2005) HMP WEARE.
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:06

My location
well said i have managed to find some more old p a s which i put on and hope i can find some more alex
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:57
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Active: 1966 - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD STRAWBERRY View Post
Brilliant, I am absolutely overjoyed that We now have over a 1,000 pictures up-loaded into this section YC/PAS/RMAS. Can I say many thanks to all those who have made contributions and long may it continue. It does go to show that this remarkable Fleet of little ships has made a big contribution to SN and I thank the MOD'S for their help in this. I had better add that I do realise that a lot of the vessels are Serco Denholm which really are commercialy run but they are nevertheless RN Dockyard vessels some of which were ex RMAS and are still manned by many ex RMAS Seamen. Anyway, once again thank You all so much for your support of YC/PAS/(RMAS. (SD).
I'm hoping to get more uploaded once I can work out how to "shrink" the size and KBs to match SN requirements! Any help on how to achieve this will be gratefully received.
Old 3rd May 2011, 16:20
Organisation: Royal Fleet Auxilary
Active: 1958 - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waighty View Post
I'm hoping to get more uploaded once I can work out how to "shrink" the size and KBs to match SN requirements! Any help on how to achieve this will be gratefully received.
Hi waighty, I'm probably talking a load of "CxxP" but I do mine through Adobe Photoshop element 6 and re-size to a 1000 pixels and also make sure its a JPG pic usually works ok for me, more than that I havn't a clue. Maybe someone else will enlighten You further. I do look forward to seeing Your pics though.
REGARDS.TONY. (OLD STRAWBS.)(DISCHARGE BOOK No R691311) CAREER (1956-1958) T S ARETHUSA(215, QDST, 21 MESS)/ (1958-1963)/ RFA/ (1964-1965) AUWE / (1965/1973) SHORESIDE/ (1973-1995)PAS/RMAS (PORTLAND NAVAL BASE)/ (1996-2002) RFA/ (2002-2005) HMP WEARE.
Old 6th May 2011, 15:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD STRAWBERRY View Post
Hi waighty, I'm probably talking a load of "CxxP" but I do mine through Adobe Photoshop element 6 and re-size to a 1000 pixels and also make sure its a JPG pic usually works ok for me, more than that I havn't a clue. Maybe someone else will enlighten You further. I do look forward to seeing Your pics though.
Many thanks for that info Strawbs I'll see what can be done.
Old 21st June 2011, 18:56
Organisation: Tugs
Department: Engineering
Active: 1980 - Present

Couple of pic's of KINLOSS and NEWTON put up in the gallery, more to follow .... when I can find them.
Old 30th September 2016, 14:19
Department: Engineering
Active: 1968 - 1986

Ex Goosander, and an interesting article for engineering types.

http://www.maritimejournal.com/news1...e_to_goosander
Attached Images
File Type: jpg goosander.jpg (188.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 5th October 2016, 11:10

Speaking of photos it's good to see more of the older PAS vessels now, most of which I knew nothing about!

I liked the article re Goosander now having modern control systems. I believe she was fitted with a BTU at some point previously as well. The bridge telegraphs in my day consisted of a rev lever and a pitch lever on either side of the telegraph. Someone. who shall remain nameless once treated it like a twin screw vessel and moved the levers - revs to full ahead and pitch to full astern!

As long as you realised she was a left hand screw things went OK, until they put those two TEUs on top as diver accommodation and then windage area and leeway became more of a factor. Good ship though and good crew to go with it.