BP Forties , Kiwi, Sealion,Bedford Dolphin. - Ships Nostalgia
14:16

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

BP Forties , Kiwi, Sealion,Bedford Dolphin.

User Tag List

Old 29th September 2018, 15:57
Active: 1977 - 2013

BP Forties , Kiwi, Sealion,Bedford Dolphin.

Hi
I was working for Brown & Root ( Eumech) in 77 -79 in the Forties field during the early days of hook up. We used to shuttle from the Kiwi to on whatever platform we were designated. I also remember there was a converted Tanker or Bulker called the Sealion that we used as an accomodation vessel and also a floater accomodation vessel called either the Belford Dolphin or Bedford Dolphin.
Can anyone enlighten me if the Sealion replaced the Kiwi and then the Dolphin replaced the Sealion, can’t remember so far back so clearly now.Anyone know what happened to the Kiwi and Sealion after the Forties.
Old 30th September 2018, 18:47

The Kiwi was replaced by the Iolair which I was on and this became the ESV in the Forties and had accommodation for all contractors working in the field. The Kiwi went off to Magnus if my memory is correct.
Old 30th September 2018, 21:35
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1968 - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVELECKIE View Post
The Kiwi was replaced by the Iolair which I was on and this became the ESV in the Forties and had accommodation for all contractors working in the field. The Kiwi went off to Magnus if my memory is correct.
It was and If my memory serves me correct it was renamed Coltair
Old 1st October 2018, 07:52

I was Bosun on the Forties Kiwi 1976-78, remember all the vessels mentioned, was the Sealion a Crane Barge. I believe the Kiwi was sold to the Greeks after the Magnus field.
Old 1st October 2018, 14:20
Active: 1977 - 2013

Mathieson - The Sea Lion was a crane barge, it also had a full pipelay system but it had never been used.