Fleetwood Nautical College - Page 5 - Ships Nostalgia
18:23

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Fleetwood Nautical College

User Tag List

Old 27th January 2016, 11:27

Wow what memories from the 1960 s..remember hughie mcgurk..captain carruthers.. but who was the teacher who taught us morse code? Always had a glass of milk on his desk...he spent hours with us sending..best bent wire trees...passed my 2nd class and radar andcwent to work for marconi marine...sailing with souters, city line, ben line..everrards and was sparky when the hans knuppell hit the hamilton trader at Liverpool bar, also kuwait shipping co. Was in digs at mrs baxters st peters place fleetwood. All the best
Old 17th April 2016, 00:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydeeare View Post
How many remember the old Navigation School and BoT Building in Station Road, Fleetwood before the new Nautical College was built at Broadwater?

Sad times for that building now.

I do believe there are plans to preserve the building and to restore it to its former glory.
Well, life spins around in circles jaydeeare

You might be pleased to know that after nearly 9 years of wrangling with the idiots in the planning department at Wyre borough council, the owner of that old building on Station Road has at last been granted planning permission to renovate it and turn it into 30 odd two bedroom flats specifically reserved for students at the Fleetwood Nautical Campus.
My daughter, who started her degree course in Maritime sciences in February hopes to be one of the first residents with her friend, also from the same course, once they come back from their first sea phase in January/February.

So Once again it will find good use with the College.

Neil.
Old 26th April 2016, 21:58

Good to know it's being put to good use, especially for the benefit of the college, I drove past the old school in Station Rd a couple of years ago, it was in a sorry state, I was there in 1957, many happy memories, when Cpt McFarlane was principal & Cpt Caruthers was teaching seamanship.
Old 14th September 2016, 07:28

hi all
Did my Masters from Nov 1977 to April 1977.
Exams in Liverpool May 1977, Now semi-retired
in Singapore running my own Agency firm
Regional Shipping Services Pte Ltd,
Those of you in or visiting Singapore
please drop in I shall be most happy to buy
you a cuppa coffee.
Cheers, Sylvester Heng

we
Old 15th September 2016, 07:54

Apologies from Nov 1976 to April 1977
ATB
Sylvester
Old 20th January 2017, 10:00

I have just been informed of the passing of a "Fleetwood old boy" called Mike Thomason who was at the Fleetwood Nautical College, and the Red Duster is flying at half mast today.

I know and have known some Fleetwood Thomason's in my youth, but would like to know more.

If anyone does have information could they please let me know. Thank you.

Neil.
Old 20th January 2017, 10:51

RIP Mike Thomason.

I have just found out that he was an ex Chief Mate, and had studied at Fleetwood many years ago.

his funeral is today, but whether at Fleetwood or not, no other information was supplied to the college.

neil.
Old 4th August 2019, 14:32

My location
Rose Dollah(Singapore)... Mel Jamieson.....Eugene Koskew (?)......Graham Hulse. ......Bob Faragher......Bernie Prior.......
Bob Heyhurst......Lindsay Gribben.....Steve Spendlove........Fred Newby....ex rfa.

All mid 1970s......