Offshore Marine - Ships In Fleet - Page 4 - Ships Nostalgia
05:32

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Offshore Marine - Ships In Fleet

User Tag List

Old 18th November 2012, 20:44
Active: 1966 - 1978

was you on channel shore ?
i was on her
ray grass ab
Old 4th December 2012, 02:59
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1957 - 1965

Hi all,
It's a small world. I just met a Canadian guy called Allan Murray who worked in the North Sea years ago and said he met a guy from Buckie called Allan Murray.
Any idea what happened to the Buckie Allan Murray. I beleive he was a Captain but I don't know who for. The Canadian guy worked for Robin Marine and then
Haliburton.
Old 10th February 2013, 01:31

Zapata bought Offshore Marine in mid-1980, just as I resigned from the "Cumbria Shore", where I had been First Mate with Capt. Albert Hodgson, to join Balder Offshore Canada Inc, as Master. I saw the Scotia Shore and Breton Shore (built in Pictou, N.S.) in Eastern Canada. They became seismic ships "Fred J Agnich" and "Edward O. Vetter", and one came back to Canada as Secunda Marine's "Cabot Sea", which was subsequently sold to Panama, and last heard of in Nigeria. I also see the former "Polar Shore", which now lives in Quebec as "Ocean Foxtrot". Alan Knight.
Old 10th February 2013, 02:10

Knighta, thanks for your input and the information about the Polar Shore. It is one of the ships that I served on and having problems finding a picture of it. At least I can add a picture of the Ocean Foxtrot to http://www.brucewalls.com/captain/
Old 11th July 2013, 13:43
Organisation: Tugs
Department: Deck
Active: 1979 - Present

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddraigmor View Post
I can give you a fleet list for the ships?

1960 - Tern Shore
1965 South Shore / North Shore
1967 - East Shore / West Shore / Norfolk Shore / Kent Shore / Essex Shore / Suffolk Shore
1968 - Arctic Shore / Atlantic Shore
1969 - Nova Shore / Pacific Shore / Tropic Shore / Cook Shore
1970- Island Shore / Cape Shore / Petrel Shore / Strait Shore
1971 - Bay Shore / Polar Shore
1972 - Channel Shore / Ocean Shore
1973 - Shetland Shore / Orkney Shore / Bass Shore / Scotian Shore / Breton Shore

After this, I believe they had some more built - named the 'Weather Class' built in 1974

Fastnet Shore / Lundy Shore / Forties Shore / Cromarty Shore

That's all I have on OM but I believe they were 'Zapped' in 1980 - 81.

Jonty
Not for getting the Cathedral Class ,
Mercia , Cumbria , Anglia Shore , have pictures and sailed on all three..
Old 13th December 2013, 03:17
Active: 1957 - 2000

Do you mean the ecclesiastical rodent?
Old 13th December 2013, 03:58
Active: 1957 - 2000

In late 1999, I tied up alongside a rusting hulk in Batam that looked familiar. As I walked along the quay on the way to the bush bar, I saw the old name still visible forward, Viking Shore (I think) so had a look aboard. She had been more or less gutted and 2 Allen Diesels in bits on the plates. Apparently the cowboys who owned her bought 2 but could only get one going by cannibalising the other. She was a very depressing sight. the last time I had been aboard was in the late 70s when she did her bollard pull test in Devonport Dockyard. It appeared impossible to obtain spares for Allen Diesels in the Far East any more.
Old 13th December 2013, 18:32

Ice breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddraigmor View Post
Indeed she was - she started life as the Polar Shore, built by Cochrane's, Selby in '71 for Offshore Marine (OSA).

She became the Ocean Foxtrot in 1995.

Regards,

Jonty
As I think I remember. The Polar shore was sister to the Bay Shore and had English Electric diesels. The Polar bad ice breaker class and CP props. In 74 she was damaged breaking the ice to open the harbour in St Johns. I was Chief on the Bay Shore and she was great Tow Boat.
Old 31st December 2013, 16:13

"Not for getting the Cathedral Class ,
Mercia , Cumbria , Anglia Shore , have pictures and sailed on all three.."

Mercia , Cumbria , Anglia Shore were the Kingdom Class, the Cathedral class consisted of the Norwich, Cambridge and Durham Service.
Old 31st December 2013, 16:49

The majority of ex Offshore Marine ships are still working. Here are some that I know of. Suffolk Shore is now Asian Warrior, Lundy Shore is now Amarco Lynx, Forties Shore is now Amarco Leo, Cromarty Shore is now Fol Jura, Norwich Service is now Red Sea Norwich, Cambridge Service is now Sea King, Mercia Service is now Mercia, Cumbria Service is now Cape Cumbria, Channel Shore is now Sir Raphael, Pacific Shore is now Sea Giant, Cape Shore is now Africa Support 2
Old 15th August 2014, 01:14

Photos of towing icebergs

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Hi there all,
I towed icebergs while on the Shetland in 1975. I never did get the photos I was supposed to. Now I live in Yuma Arizona which is in the desert area and the locals think I'm nuts when I tell them about icebergs being towed. Does anyone have any pics. they can share?
I have photos of icebergs being towed. Alan Knight.
Old 18th August 2014, 21:22

Leonard Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Balls View Post
Hector Gannet sank after going to the assistance of the crew of the platform Hewitt A after a drilling accident lead to a blowout in november 1968. The ship had gone alongside the platform to help with the evacuation and was blown alongside and holed in the bad weather. She turned over and sank within 5 minutes. An RAF helicopter took photographs of the tragic accident as it occurred.
The Boston Hornet took over the rescue and saved 16 people.
The men lost were.
George Goodison Mate. Thomas Grimes AB and Leonard Dawson Engineer.
All were as previously stated from North Shields.
The blowout on the platform was eventually brought under control by the (now famous) Red Adair.
It was an incredible feat of bravery that the ship undertook the rescue and a local tragedy that is still know about today.
I knew a Len Dawson from North Shields. A heavy set guy. I think he
Had been on trawlers and then went to the Salvesen Fairtry factory boats. I heard about the sinking but had no idea he was one of the lost.
Old 30th December 2014, 11:13

This thread has gone quiet, wondered if anyone has OM pictures to share.
Old 2nd May 2015, 08:55

Hello. I have just joined. I am trying to get together photos of all the ships/Rigs I was on. Does anyone have a photo of the MV Atlantic Shore and East Shore. I was also on the South Shore in Venice. Atlantic Shore in Chittagong. Pacific Shore out of Middlesbrough. North Shore/Suffolk Shore out of Grt Yarmouth. Then took Atlantic Shore to Lome(Togo). Then Atlantic Shore from Singapore to Darwin. Then Darwin to Balik Papan. All this from 1968-71
Old 2nd May 2015, 20:30
Active: 1959 - 1969

Hello, the east shore can be downloaded from "Old ship picture gallery"Which is online I sent it to them recently. Also I will upload it to the gallery on here. Are you aware she went down with all Hands In the meddy back in the 70s

Last edited by canadian; 2nd May 2015 at 21:07..
Old 14th August 2015, 12:14

offshore marine

read lots of replies
I have the official brochures issued by the company of every ship and also History of Cresent shipping Cunard with details of the fleet
Made a data base
Old 14th August 2015, 12:19

offshore marine

Joined in 1978 when i came ashore and sailed on many of the OM Boats allover the North sea, Gulf and Africa. Was there when sold to Zapata.
Also sailed on Svitzer Mercator, the old Cape shore
Crescent shipping lists the original fleet but does not mention Petrel, Tern or Hector Gannet of which i have photos.
Their first supply boat was a coaster belonging tothe founding company.
Faience.
Old 10th January 2019, 03:08

Polar Shore/Ocean Foxtrot

"Polar Shore", latterly in Canada (where she took part in the deep-water salvage of the oil-barge "Irving Whale") as "Ocean Foxtrot", has now sailed to the Caribbean, under the St. Vincent & Grenadines flag, but still with the name "Ocean Foxtrot".
Old 28th May 2019, 16:41

Dogger

Photo of ex Dogger Shore/Dogger Service when name changed to Dubai Star. Taken about 1991 in Warri Nigeria. Astern of the Dogger (if I remember correctly) is the Viking Service and Thor Service which were renamed as Damas Sky and Damas Horse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dogger as Dubai Star.jpg (107.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 29th May 2019, 19:01

Re photo I posted of Dogger Shore/Dogger Service/Dubai Sky/LuLu (now in Iran) the vessel inboard of Dubai Sky appears to be of the same design construction as the Shetland Shore/Service.

Last edited by Tim Mark; 29th May 2019 at 23:39.. Reason: name correction
Old 26th June 2019, 09:04

This website:
http://www.ddghansa-shipsphotos.de/
Has photos and histories of most if not all of the fleet. The link for Offshore Marine can be seen (small writing) on the left of the screen

Last edited by bysteve; 26th June 2019 at 09:06..