Female Radio Officers - Page 8 - Ships Nostalgia
14:14

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Female Radio Officers

User Tag List

Old 20th September 2019, 00:39

Miss Graynella Parker, the first woman to serve as a commercial wireless operator.
She is seen operating the radio set on the Clyde liner "Mohawk".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1916 Female Sparks.jpg (444.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 10th October 2019, 01:40

Photo of Dallas Bradshaw

I had several photographs of R/O Dallas Bradshaw, I think from some of the SOWP members who sent me some on my radio-officers mailing list which I started when only email was around and gopher:// via gopher proxy [URL="http://gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/gw?=sdf.org+70+312f75736572732f646a72696e676a722f"] I lost them all, I believe Radio Officer Lucy Knight might have sent them to me, but I've not heard from her since, 2015. Many of my friends have passed on, good friends, wonderful R/O's.

Here's one photo from "The History of the Radio Officer in the British Merchant Navy and on Deep-Sea Trawlers." of R/O Dallas Bradshaw. There were several women who subscribed to my R/O list and when I wrote the last post, I sent email to them, the posts didn't bounce, but neither did I receive a reply to them. So they might be elsewhere now as I noted concerning dear Lucy Knight above. The second picture is one from a newspaper of her tending bar while waiting for a ship.

DR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dallas_bradshaw.jpg (214.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg dallas_tending_bar_waiting_for_a_ship.jpg (158.7 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by djringjr; 10th October 2019 at 01:44..
Old 10th October 2019, 05:27

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by djringjr View Post
I had several photographs of R/O Dallas Bradshaw, I think from some of the SOWP members who sent me some on my radio-officers mailing list which I started when only email was around and gopher:// via gopher proxy [URL="http://gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/gw?=sdf.org+70+312f75736572732f646a72696e676a722f"] I lost them all, I believe Radio Officer Lucy Knight might have sent them to me, but I've not heard from her since, 2015. Many of my friends have passed on, good friends, wonderful R/O's.

Here's one photo from "The History of the Radio Officer in the British Merchant Navy and on Deep-Sea Trawlers." of R/O Dallas Bradshaw. There were several women who subscribed to my R/O list and when I wrote the last post, I sent email to them, the posts didn't bounce, but neither did I receive a reply to them. So they might be elsewhere now as I noted concerning dear Lucy Knight above. The second picture is one from a newspaper of her tending bar while waiting for a ship.

DR
Do you know when each photo was published?
Old 10th October 2019, 09:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunatownshipwreck View Post
Do you know when each photo was published?
Not the photos, I no longer have. The bartending photo in last post was when Dallas was 20. The lost photos were on the Internet but are long gone now.

DR