MV Margaret Johnson - Ships Nostalgia
07:34

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
Log in
User Name Password

MV Margaret Johnson

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 18th January 2020, 13:24
Hobo5 Hobo5 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 38
MV Margaret Johnson

Hi,
Could anyone direct me to a source where I could obtain some general plans for the MV "Margaret Johnson" (Johnson Line), built 1928.
As usual, any help is very much appreciated.
Best Regards,
P.N.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20th January 2020, 12:41
harry t. harry t. is offline
Senior Member
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1953 - 1987
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 519
Margaret, Axel and Annie Johnson

Hi and Hello,

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...hp?lid=2927003 - photo, history and her fate

https://translate.google.com/transla...tm&prev=search - confirmation of above

https://translate.google.com/transla...tm&prev=search - timetable, and her two sister ships

could not find a general arrangement plan
__________________
harry t.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20th January 2020, 14:22
Roger Griffiths's Avatar
Roger Griffiths Roger Griffiths is offline  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo5 View Post
Hi,
Could anyone direct me to a source where I could obtain some general plans for the MV "Margaret Johnson" (Johnson Line), built 1928.
As usual, any help is very much appreciated.
Best Regards,
P.N.
Try an email to the National Maritime Museum

[email protected]

regards
Roger
__________________
Dim ateb yn well nag ateb anghywir. Nid oes dim yn ddall fel rhai nad ydynt yn dymuno gweld
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20th January 2020, 15:49
Hobo5 Hobo5 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry t. View Post
Hi and Hello,

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...hp?lid=2927003 - photo, history and her fate

https://translate.google.com/transla...tm&prev=search - confirmation of above

https://translate.google.com/transla...tm&prev=search - timetable, and her two sister ships

could not find a general arrangement plan

harry t.
Thank you for your reply. Found some pictures on the web of a great model of the ship, so I guess the modeler would have had some plans to work from. No name or information to get in contact.
Thanks again,
P.N.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20th January 2020, 15:53
Hobo5 Hobo5 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Griffiths View Post
Try an email to the National Maritime Museum

[email protected]

regards
Roger
Roger,
Thank you for the lead. Will shoot off an e-mail later today.
Wish me luck,
Cheers,
P.N.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 20th January 2020, 16:26
harry t. harry t. is offline
Senior Member
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1953 - 1987
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 519
Margaret Johnson

hello P.N.
20th century built model depicting the Swedish freighter M/S MARGARET JOHNSON built 1928 (rebuilt 1948) by Aktiebolaget Götaverken, Gothenburg for Rederiaktiebolaget Nordstjernan, Stockholm. Scale 1:135. Incl framed copy of original drawing (102*55cm). Mounted in glass case.
Size (case): Length 120cm, Height 45cm, Depth 20cm
SOLD
Details from; Fartygsmagasinet i Stockholm AB
Österlånggatan 19 | SE-111 31 Stockholm
Phone/fax: +46 (0)8 20 93 98
E-mail: [email protected]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg margaret1_webb (1)11.jpg (61.0 KB, 14 views)
__________________
harry t.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20th January 2020, 16:36
Hobo5 Hobo5 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry t. View Post
hello P.N.
20th century built model depicting the Swedish freighter M/S MARGARET JOHNSON built 1928 (rebuilt 1948) by Aktiebolaget Götaverken, Gothenburg for Rederiaktiebolaget Nordstjernan, Stockholm. Scale 1:135. Incl framed copy of original drawing (102*55cm). Mounted in glass case.
Size (case): Length 120cm, Height 45cm, Depth 20cm
SOLD
Details from; Fartygsmagasinet i Stockholm AB
Österlånggatan 19 | SE-111 31 Stockholm
Phone/fax: +46 (0)8 20 93 98
E-mail: [email protected]
Harry,
Thank you. Will try the e-mail and see what happens,
Thanks again,
P.N.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21st January 2020, 22:41
sven-olof sven-olof is offline  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 177
Margaret Johnsson

Hallo

On this forum there has been an Swedish expert on Johnsson line
/ Hasse Neren / Perhaps not so active now but try PM him?

He has earlier shown his collection of several Johnsson models on a Swedish maritime forum. At this same forum there has been person expert and collector of GA s , precision artwork on Johnsson, and modelbuildning. A former Johnsson line engineering department/ inspector I think.

Hasse will probably know.

regards
Sven-Olof
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24th January 2020, 03:24
dlpy dlpy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 17
m/v Margaret Johnson

Hello,
I own a general arrangement plan of the m/v Margaret Johnson. Please find enclosed an image of the plan I have. If you wish, I can send you a high resolution scanned copy of this plan.
Best regards,
Daslav

P.S.
My native language is Spanish, so please excuse my English.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200123_230400.jpg (213.8 KB, 27 views)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24th January 2020, 15:49
Hobo5 Hobo5 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by sven-olof View Post
Hallo

On this forum there has been an Swedish expert on Johnsson line
/ Hasse Neren / Perhaps not so active now but try PM him?

He has earlier shown his collection of several Johnsson models on a Swedish maritime forum. At this same forum there has been person expert and collector of GA s , precision artwork on Johnsson, and modelbuildning. A former Johnsson line engineering department/ inspector I think.

Hasse will probably know.

regards
Sven-Olof
Sven,
Thank you for your reply. I will try to get Hasse's contact information from the members section and send him my request.
Thank you again,
P.N.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 24th January 2020, 19:55
sven-olof sven-olof is offline  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 177
On this Swedish digital museum there are several pictures and interiors on Margaret.

And their model

https://digitaltmuseum.org/021027111304/fartygsmodell

regards
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 24th January 2020, 20:19
Hobo5 Hobo5 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by sven-olof View Post
On this Swedish digital museum there are several pictures and interiors on Margaret.

And their model

https://digitaltmuseum.org/021027111304/fartygsmodell

regards
Sven,
Thank you. Excellent site. Very helpful.
Cheers,
P.N.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 25th January 2020, 14:10
Hobo5 Hobo5 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpy View Post
Hello,
I own a general arrangement plan of the m/v Margaret Johnson. Please find enclosed an image of the plan I have. If you wish, I can send you a high resolution scanned copy of this plan.
Best regards,
Daslav

P.S.
My native language is Spanish, so please excuse my English.
Daslav,
Thank you for your reply with your very kind offer. I would be very happy to receive a copy of your plan, hoping that it's not too much trouble to get it to me.
Again, my sincere thank you and looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,
P.N.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 25th January 2020, 15:57
dlpy dlpy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 17
m/v Margaret Johnson General Arrangement plan

Hello P.N.,
It will be a pleasure to send you a scanned copy of the plan you need.
The copy will be ready next Monday and due the size of the file and in order to send it to you via Wetransfer, I will need your e-mail address.
Kind regards,
Daslav
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 25th January 2020, 18:06
Hobo5 Hobo5 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpy View Post
Hello P.N.,
It will be a pleasure to send you a scanned copy of the plan you need.
The copy will be ready next Monday and due the size of the file and in order to send it to you via Wetransfer, I will need your e-mail address.
Kind regards,
Daslav
Daslav,
Great news!
<[email protected]>
Saludos,
P.N.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 27th January 2020, 16:57
dlpy dlpy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 17
m/v Margaret Johnson General Arrangement plan

Hello P.N.,
I just have sent you, via Wetransfer, two scanned images of the plan you need. Unfortunately, the scanner shop near home has under repair the proper machine. Within two days I will get a better scanned image and I will send you.
I have included some scanned slides of a Johnson Line ship I took many years ago in Antofagasta, a port in the North of Chile.
Kind regards,
Daslav
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 27th January 2020, 18:41
Hobo5 Hobo5 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpy View Post
Hello P.N.,
I just have sent you, via Wetransfer, two scanned images of the plan you need. Unfortunately, the scanner shop near home has under repair the proper machine. Within two days I will get a better scanned image and I will send you.
I have included some scanned slides of a Johnson Line ship I took many years ago in Antofagasta, a port in the North of Chile.
Kind regards,
Daslav
Daslav
Got your scans, THANK YOU! Your time and effort in sending me this material is very much appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
Salut,
P.N.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 27th January 2020, 19:51
dlpy dlpy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 17
m/v Margaret Johnson General Arrangement plan

Hello P.N.,
It's my pleasure. Soon I will send you a better copy of the plan.
Kind regards,
Daslav
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 28th January 2020, 21:23
dlpy dlpy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 17
m/v Margaret Johnson General Arrangement plan

Hello P.N.,
I just have sent you, via WeTransfer, a better copy of your plan.
All the best,
Daslav
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 30th January 2020, 14:34
Hobo5 Hobo5 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpy View Post
Hello P.N.,
I just have sent you, via WeTransfer, a better copy of your plan.
All the best,
Daslav
Daslav,
Received the copy of plan No.2. You're right, it is so much better in detail then first one.
It's been a pleasure being in contact with you, and again, my sincere thanks sending me the MJ plans, twice!
Have a great day,
Cheers,
P.N.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 30th January 2020, 15:14
dlpy dlpy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 17
P.N.,
The pleasure has been all mine.
All the best,
Daslav
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 31st January 2020, 06:17
Peggy747 Peggy747 is offline  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
My location
Posts: 678
Just a casual onlooker at this MV Margaret Johnson thread I am impressed with the help of the members who have helped to get plans of this ship to Hobo5
Well Done Gentlemen
Peggy747
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off




Support SN


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.