Sea hazard ( 1939 - 1945 ) - Ships Nostalgia
11:19

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Sea hazard ( 1939 - 1945 )

User Tag List

Old 17th January 2019, 00:47

Sea hazard ( 1939 - 1945 )

I have a slim A5 sized book entitled " Sea hazard ( 1939 - 1945 ) " , this gives
a listing of vessels lost or damaged under the Houlder flag with crew listings and
descriptions of the action . There are also photographs of some of the vessels both damaged and undamaged with the foreword dated 15th January 1946 by
Mr. W.C.Warwick reading as follows :-
" We pay respectful tribute to the many brave men who have passed over ,
and salute again with gratitude and heartfelt thanks all those who fearlessly
went down to the sea in our ships and carried on their hazardous occupation without hesitation "
The book was passed to me by Les " Spike " Wright , who was very much a Houlder's stalwart both deepsea and offshore and who has unfortunately since
passed on . It is in good condition and I am certain it will be of interest , I have
absolutely no intention of selling it but would be willing to loan it for it to be
returned .
Please PM me if interested . Cheers , Bob Whittaker .
Old 20th January 2019, 12:50

Bob if it is a slim volume why not scan it and post it as a attachment on this forum. That way you get to keep hold of it and those like myself who are interested get to read it???
Old 20th January 2019, 19:54

Sea hazard

I don't think scanning would be practical as there are some 110 pages . More to the point my keyboard / transmittal skills are severely limited , I will consult with the
younger members of my family and if possible may well do as suggested .
Cheers , BOB .