Ships Nostalgia banner

Cunard Princess 1980

45K views 65 replies 26 participants last post by  paul williams 
#1 · (Edited)
Some smiling faces from a quarter of a century ago. I'll leave you to ponder the names but I'll put you out of your misery shortly.

Cheers - Alan

Attachments

See less See more
#62 ·
we sailed together in 1980 bootsy, my nickname was boyo . you left to become a boat builder as I remember. an engineers /nurses reunion is held in Cardiff
S Wales each year I will mail you addresses of engineers sailed in the 1980's
JT, Bill lambert . Jock young, Jaws, whirly bird, Frank Melia, Dick Sylvester etc.
the"bear", steve wall, Fred, Dick Jones. Maurice Tate, Bruce Bergman, John Lorain, Spike Miligan, Steve Storie, have all gone mate, what ever happened to"baby bear? talk soon mate.

#63 ·
Hello All. this is a well aged thread indeed. Few may recall me as a somewhat fleeting presence as 2nd RO on the Princess 1981/82. (C6CG). This was my first real job since college and after a difficult start I went on to serve on the Countess and the QE2. Between that I served on the MV Saxonia and emerged a wiser man indeed. I recall all of the faces and most of the names however sadly some if not many are in name only. I assumed that was Eric Bainger (RO) left of middle however the threads indicate otherwise. Harry Jefferson (RO) retired to live in Spain in the 80's. I met with him (Spain) around 1995 and within a later contact he indicated an intention to move to the USA and live with his daughter after his wife had passed away. I am indebted to Harry for his support in the early days and retain memories of the best times of my life there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.