Hello - Ships Nostalgia
22:58

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Hello

User Tag List

Old 12th February 2020, 02:12

Hello

I spent quite a part of my career in UK Government engaged with the fishing and commercial maritime sectors. I think I can safely say that I have visited over 90% of UK ports, sailed on fishing boats, ocean going tugs, dredgers, pilot launches, ferries and even the occasional banana boat. Mostly in my suit with a weather eye on operations. In retirement I have begun to build model ships. Sad I know but possibly better than building a model port in the attic! I am currently building the ESSO Glasgow and would welcome being pointed at detail pictures. Particularly of the bridge.

Mike D
Old 12th February 2020, 20:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth107 View Post
I spent quite a part of my career in UK Government engaged with the fishing and commercial maritime sectors. I think I can safely say that I have visited over 90% of UK ports, sailed on fishing boats, ocean going tugs, dredgers, pilot launches, ferries and even the occasional banana boat. Mostly in my suit with a weather eye on operations. In retirement I have begun to build model ships. Sad I know but possibly better than building a model port in the attic! I am currently building the ESSO Glasgow and would welcome being pointed at detail pictures. Particularly of the bridge.

Mike D
quite a CV, impressive, what relative connection has the model as you describe, got to do with your Career? Note what is the year of build/launch of the ESSO Glasgow and her tonnage- A little more of your experience in seeking this information-ELIZABETH-MIKE whom do we address???
Old 14th February 2020, 15:06
ART6 ART6 is offline   SN Supporter
Super Moderator
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1958 - 1970

Welcome to Ships Nostalgia Elizabeth! An impressive CV indeed, and I am sure that members would be interested in hearing some of your experiences.

There are several photos of the Esso Glasgow in the gallery -- click on "Gallery" and in the top RH corner of the page click on "Search" and type the ships name.

By the way, I trust that your project is not a full-scale model?

Best regards

Tony