New Zealand Star - Ships Nostalgia
13:53

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

New Zealand Star

User Tag List

Old 14th October 2004, 07:51

New Zealand Star

One of the German built Blue Star ships of the late 60s taken in Glasgow in 1970.She was later converted to a container ship and had the Stulcken derricks removed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NZStar.jpg (7.3 KB, 314 views)
Old 31st October 2004, 13:21

Please see thread Resolution Bay in P&O section. Shows the NZ Star being converted at the Bremer Vulkan yard on the Weser.
Old 10th March 2005, 00:43

she was renamed wellington star about the same time to free up the name for a new box boat
Old 16th September 2005, 16:35

Hi Shipmates,
I sailed on the Aussie Star,New Zealand Star and Napier Star from 1950 to 1954,to Oz ,Kiwi Land and South Africa. Hope I may meet up with some of my ex shipmates,a great bunch of guys. Blue Star people, do you remember "Dobbie" who was shore supper at the dock office at Victoria Docks London. This site is surely a nostalgic journey back thru time---thanks.
Old 16th September 2005, 17:46
Super Moderator
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1952 - 1965

Welcome to the site Neil, I hope your shore supper was not to tough, did you have him in a sandwich or with chips.
There is an excellent Blue Star site @http:/www.bluestarline.org
Old 17th September 2005, 17:39

neil maclachlan

Hi again,the shore supper was a real tough old bird,and as they say in the dear old UK " chips with everthing" I apologise for the spelling mistake,at my age you get away with everthing (except from former school teachers or my dear wife,who is my srongest critic--and generally keeps me right--if she sees it first?)
Old 18th September 2005, 18:44

Dear R58484956,
Thank you for guiding me on to the Blue Star web site,it is excellent and have enjoyed browsing thru the pages. I have seen pictures of many of my shipmares I sailed with. Indeed it is a wonderfull and very informative site and I will be spending more time on it as there are lots to read, thanks,
Neil.
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:28

Smile new zealand star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfield View Post
One of the German built Blue Star ships of the late 60s taken in Glasgow in 1970.She was later converted to a container ship and had the Stulcken derricks removed.
Hello to you all. my name is terry bayley. I sailed on the New Zealand star as a s.o.s.dec,1958,to south Africa, then on to N.Z.
As a new member I hope I will get some answers and help.
thanks to you all. I liked the line so much, I went and joined the WELLINGTON STAR, jul 1959, back to NZ
I fell in love with NZ.

Last edited by terry bayley; 2nd April 2014 at 16:34.. Reason: to add.
Old 27th April 2014, 17:47
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1957 - 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry bayley View Post
Hello to you all. my name is terry bayley. I sailed on the New Zealand star as a s.o.s.dec,1958,to south Africa, then on to N.Z.
As a new member I hope I will get some answers and help.
thanks to you all. I liked the line so much, I went and joined the WELLINGTON STAR, jul 1959, back to NZ
I fell in love with NZ.
I paid off her 13th july in Liverpool