Ships Nostalgia banner

Gordon Clark

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  david freeman 
#1 ·
My father Gordon (Nobbie) Clark worked for BP as an engineer on Tankers then ashore in Little Aden on the Tugs...Mum reckons it wasnt because he could get the family together, it was for the drink!...never mind it would be nice to hear from anyone who remembers him.

#6 ·
Hi Stephen, in my early days in BP we had tugs in Abadan, Aden and Mena, they used to vittle from BP tankers loading, they had the same Victualing books as us, and used their paperwork for the transfer of Stores.
I have nearly finished the memoirs of my 18 months on the British Hazel, if you are interested in Tankers ai will send you a copy.

#7 · (Edited)
If my memory seves me correctly? Mr clark served during Wii on tankers, and was assigned to the malta convoys? I do not know if he was on the tanker =""ohio""= but i am sure like many young men assigned to the mn and the engine room in wwii it was no fun in a convoy down below when torpedoes where being used.
Drink yes? Is it a solution, you judge? Can you forgive.???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.