Papayanni ships 1962 to 1965 - Page 2 - Ships Nostalgia
00:17

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Papayanni ships 1962 to 1965

User Tag List

Old 4th September 2009, 12:55

Is there a source for the wartime history of E&P as I am interested in the story of a chap with the surname of Newton who was awarded the B.E.M. for saving some of his crew mates after their vessel was sunk, if I remember correctly the story appeared in the "Victor" comic which ran a series on wartime Heroes in the early 1950's

From Grey Funnel to any Funnel, just show him/ me the money Mabel
Old 5th September 2009, 22:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by price View Post
Hello John; I remember you well, I sailed on the Lucian from Sept. 63 until her sale in May 64. Yes I remember Capt. Leatherbarrow and the dog Patch who, I believe ended up in the Capts house in Southend, I remember Frank the chippy and many other others whos names escape me now. How about the football team and when we were thrashed by a team of youngsters, not knowing at the time that they were part of Sporting Club Oporto.
Bruce.
hi bruce nice to hear from you refresh my memory you on deck ,great times they where, after that football the old chief eng. trying to get over the door way being stiff, when we paid off I finshed with the M.N.it was a sad day where do you live, I live in Brighton, like to get in touch got a phone no,
hope to hear from you again
Old 6th September 2009, 14:53

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by john boys View Post
hi bruce nice to hear from you refresh my memory you on deck ,great times they where, after that football the old chief eng. trying to get over the door way being stiff, when we paid off I finshed with the M.N.it was a sad day where do you live, I live in Brighton, like to get in touch got a phone no,
hope to hear from you again
Hello John; I will send you a private message, probably not today, a bit busy just now.
Bruce.
Old 6th September 2009, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by price View Post
Hello John; I will send you a private message, probably not today, a bit busy just now.
Bruce.
hi bruce look forward to it nice to be in touch
john
Old 3rd February 2013, 00:21

papayanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey19a View Post
Anyone remember Richie Niven, or Tony Lavis-Jones, from the late 60's / early 70's - also a Capt. Gardner (Hoppity) ??
Saled with Anthony Lavis-Jones 1960 on PANDORIAN as Apprentices London-Walvis Bay twice. Lost him afterwards though.

Last edited by SPEAKO; 3rd February 2013 at 00:26..
Old 21st July 2013, 18:53

SS Ionian

Just watched a very nice pre-war propaganda movie on Youtube, its called
SS Ionian "If war should come..." (1939)
I know it pre dates most of us but looking at the ship board practices it could easily have been the sixties. Definately worth a look.
Old 10th September 2013, 15:51

hi I Was The Galley Boy On The VENETIAN Out Of Liverpool 12/07/63 To09/09/63 Happy Ship JIMMY LIVERPOOL
Old 7th July 2015, 16:42

Hi there I was chippy on the Crosbian about late 1960, Tripoly Bengasi Malta outward bound, Malaga for orange's homeward. we must have had the same cook currie on the breakfast menu nearly every day. only did one trip. hove too for two days in the bay of biscay. A ED boat lost some crew members in the same storm, I believe the deck cargo of logs carried away, we got instructions to keep a look out , in that sea nobody had a chance, Tony D.