Anyone still working at sea? - Page 3 - Ships Nostalgia
02:15

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Anyone still working at sea?

User Tag List

Old 1st March 2006, 14:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcook
Ray,
Small world. I was on the Balmoral Sea for a couple of trips. Last time I left her was three days before she caught fire and capsized in New Orleans. (I had nothing to do with it- Honest!)

I just got home Thursday night from my ship 'Global Explorer' which works in the Bay of Campeche, so I will keep an eye open for the Safe Concordia when she arrives there.

malcolm
Hi, Actually Malcom I lie. The 'Balmoral Sea' was called the 'Eastern Installer' (ex 'Arctic Surveyor') when I was on her. I was there for about two years before taking her to Liverpool where she laid up for a while then was sold to Cal-Dive and renamed 'Balmoral Sea' we all now what happened next! We are expected in the GOM mid May (I really don't know why they chose Suez over the Cape) The Med can also get pretty nasty this time of year.
Cheers, Ray Jordan
Old 1st March 2006, 15:26
gdynia gdynia is offline   SN Supporter
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1970 - 2010

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJordandpo
Hi, Actually Malcom I lie. The 'Balmoral Sea' was called the 'Eastern Installer' (ex 'Arctic Surveyor') when I was on her. I was there for about two years before taking her to Liverpool where she laid up for a while then was sold to Cal-Dive and renamed 'Balmoral Sea' we all now what happened next! We are expected in the GOM mid May (I really don't know why they chose Suez over the Cape) The Med can also get pretty nasty this time of year.
Cheers, Ray Jordan
Ray
Just come in thro grapevine Cal-Dives Seawell had a fatality last week in North Sea
Old 1st March 2006, 15:27

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcook
Ray,
Small world. I was on the Balmoral Sea for a couple of trips. Last time I left her was three days before she caught fire and capsized in New Orleans. (I had nothing to do with it- Honest!)

I just got home Thursday night from my ship 'Global Explorer' which works in the Bay of Campeche, so I will keep an eye open for the Safe Concordia when she arrives there.

malcolm
Malcolm
Alot of Rolex watches lost on her when she capsized saw quite a few of the claim forms
Old 1st March 2006, 16:01
Active: 1968 - Present

My location
Hmmmmm.....
Looks like I missed out there!!

malcolm
Old 10th March 2006, 17:27

Fatality on Seawell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdynia
Ray
Just come in thro grapevine Cal-Dives Seawell had a fatality last week in North Sea
I just heard he was a 34 old from Tayside, killed by a heavy piece of machinery (mandrill) whilst involved in wireline ops in the Gannet Field
Ray
Old 10th March 2006, 18:09

I,m still at sea malcolm was a bosun/crane operator on a d.s.v for 4 weeks off trinidad it was only tempory just waiting for another job off the agencies but getting fed up now been ashore 8weeks
Old 10th March 2006, 18:42

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by penman10
I,m still at sea malcolm was a bosun/crane operator on a d.s.v for 4 weeks off trinidad it was only tempory just waiting for another job off the agencies but getting fed up now been ashore 8weeks
Penman

Saipem were advertizing last week for crane drivers offshore might be a help for you-no contact details
Old 11th March 2006, 01:07

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdynia
Penman

Saipem were advertizing last week for crane drivers offshore might be a help for you-no contact details
thanks gdynia I will look for contacts and details
Old 23rd April 2006, 19:37

I currently work at sea with a heavy lift company, worldwide tramping. Is interesting with a combination of Heavy Lift, Project and general cargo. Also planning to do spend some time in the summer working as 3/O with a large sail training ship.
Old 23rd April 2006, 21:10

Can you help

Hi Mike
Icollect Ships mail "Paquetbot Mail" will you post me some envelopes if I send them to you
what I need to know is where the vessel is registered
You can post mail from ship, with stamps of the port of registeration anywhere in the world, so if you are British reg. you can post these with British stamps on in Mexico or USA and they put a Paquetbot cancel on to show they were posted at sea
can you help, this is what I collect
Fred in Doncaster
Old 28th August 2008, 09:39

still out here working for MSC, Curreently on The USNS SUPPLY. Been at MSC since 1990, came here from algoma central on the great lakes, first ship at msc was the Hospital Ship comfort, Beat that from a nasty bulker on the Great lakes to a hospital ship doing circles in the P gulf in the month of October. till the following march, when we got the go ahead to move back to america, arrived home just in time to do taxes that year, oh how funny it all was, all over jilted story about Iraq invading Kwaitt, Obviously defending Teaxas oil investments, right or should that story ever be told?