My first Bluey - Page 4 - Ships Nostalgia
23:49

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

My first Bluey

User Tag List

Old 17th July 2017, 20:53

We all now know that Blue Flue was something which would not last. Realisation came to some sooner than others; and some still pine for its passing, almost thirty years since the last ship of the fleet paid off.

I'm simply grateful that I knew it. It taught me much. It taught me, not least, that nothing tangible lasts forever. It also taught that certain principles have a value which does last forever; and the extent to ehich any one of us might value those principles is a personal matter entirely. I was in the company only for the first 12 months of my working life; and I haven't the slightest doubt that other readers in other companies learned farmore than i did in that time (Sept 1959 - October 1960).

First ship - Jason - Farmer Gould of Tyn-y-Gongl, Master.
Old 17th July 2017, 22:43

I went from a snotty nose kids the education I never knew from a catholic school.from 90% of all the shipmates.that if you did your job without moaning you got respect .first time ashore in singapore was taken down to bugis street for an outdoor meal and looked after by the wise old heads .from swapping books with the guys on almost every thing you could think off ,"some naughty ones as well".they were the foundation for the rest of my life. fellas from wales. scots. the isles.cocknies.geordies.scousers .the old UK that we lived in.alass I was loured away by a lady when i should have known better ."never worked out the long run anyway"hut eat path I have taken since has been of my own choosing .hat of to all you blues out there Tony