Trinder Anderson - Page 2 - Ships Nostalgia
00:50

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Trinder Anderson

User Tag List

Old 9th September 2015, 19:14

Hi
My brother was in her 08.60 to 02.62
Granty
Old 9th September 2015, 20:43

thank you Granty for getting back to me this was Dad's last deep sea trip before he left the Merchant Navy he was the taffy Bosun on her

judith
Old 10th September 2015, 08:11

The mention of Stricks brings back a memory of being in Greece on holiday some years ago. I briefly had contact with a lady who apparently was a personal secretary in Stricks, she told me that when new ships came on the scene they were divided between the brothers. Now that statement seems strange to me as P&O had quite a stake in the company, so how did it work sharing ownership between brothers with a large company in the fray also, was the brothers surnames Strick. I am sure someone will know the answers.
Old 9th February 2016, 18:00

I was galley boy on the Australind in 73 sailed with Jim Nesbitt assist steward (recently passed) other names i remember are lad called Billy from Sunderland, Naggi donkey greaser from shields, Dennis moralis my cabin mate a lad called Shamus from newry (deck hand)
Old 15th March 2016, 07:15

just seen this forum...I joined the Antrim Oct 1971, 3rd Mate, loaded Europe and discharged in Madagascar and Reunion. Great time in the Islands, Murray was Captain with his windjammer shorts, cant remember names....we then loaded copper ingots in Townsville and on the return voyage to the UK the cargo started shifting in #3 upper T/D bad weather of west Africa....long story but got it sorted. This was my last British ship before going out to Jardines HK....good times...Tudor Palmer
Old 17th March 2016, 04:59

My location
Hi Tudor, I was deck boy on this trip. We joined in Rotterdam. After unloading we went to dry dock for a week then started loading for another week then, Dunkirk, Rouen and Bordeaux, We went to Casablanca to load wine tanks I think then to Tuleur and Tamatave, Madagascar and Ponte del Galetes on Reunion Island. We then sailed to Townsville to load copper and lead ignots and back to Tilbury .We hit bad weather Bay of Biscay and nearly lost one of the lifeboats! I can remember you as I did my steering ticket on this trip and you were on watch some nights while I was steering. Wasn't a fan of Murray. Mate was Dickinson, Bosun Wally Green, Carpenter Frank Barbe . Great trip and great ports especially Tamatave.
Have a few pics in my gallery from trip. Rejoined Antrim next trip in Liverpool for Australian ports. Great to find some one from that trip. Dave (ozzie)
Old 17th March 2016, 06:14

antrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave beaumont View Post
Hi Tudor, I was deck boy on this trip. We joined in Rotterdam. After unloading we went to dry dock for a week then started loading for another week then, Dunkirk, Rouen and Bordeaux, We went to Casablanca to load wine tanks I think then to Tuleur and Tamatave, Madagascar and Ponte del Galetes on Reunion Island. We then sailed to Townsville to load copper and lead ignots and back to Tilbury .We hit bad weather Bay of Biscay and nearly lost one of the lifeboats! I can remember you as I did my steering ticket on this trip and you were on watch some nights while I was steering. Wasn't a fan of Murray. Mate was Dickinson, Bosun Wally Green, Carpenter Frank Barbe . Great trip and great ports especially Tamatave.
Have a few pics in my gallery from trip. Rejoined Antrim next trip in Liverpool for Australian ports. Great to find some one from that trip. Dave (ozzie)
Do you remember one of the ABs, smart guy, he built up your lounge aft, a Geordie...we went to school together indefatigable...
Old 17th March 2016, 22:49

My location
Can you remember his name?
Old 19th March 2016, 02:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave beaumont View Post
Can you remember his name?
No, sorry that was why I posted....any photos available? I didn't manage any it seems and it was a good voyage too.
Old 19th March 2016, 07:11

My location
I remember the bar down aft. We started doing it up on this voyage but never really got it going until next trip to Oz coast. Have a look at pics in gallery of mine of Antrims voyages. Do you remember two of the deck crew getting logged at Tamatave for diving off the ship and swimming to beach other side of harbour after being told sharks where spotted there that morning!! Great trip.
Old 8th July 2017, 12:40

Kaituna, Kaipaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by averheijden View Post
L.S.

Who has information on the "mv WESTMEATH", built in 1939 by "Stephen", Linthouse yard, under the name KAIPAKI

1955 Westmeath, (Trinder Anderson) B.U.: Antwerp 8.11.1962 by J. de Smedt

Who was bulding the DOXFORD Engine with how many cylinders?

regards
Alfons
Kaipaki ended up as the Ashburton, and the Kaituna was the Armagh. I was on her when she was sold after her last trip to New Zealand. I went coastal on the Ashburton, U/K continent until she left the continent and had all that strife in Fiji. I sailed with Trinders from 1960-1966
Old 8th July 2017, 13:03

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.C. View Post
Kaipaki ended up as the Ashburton, and the Kaituna was the Armagh. I was on her when she was sold after her last trip to New Zealand. I went coastal on the Ashburton, U/K continent until she left the continent and had all that strife in Fiji. I sailed with Trinders from 1960-1966
Hi D.J.C.

You conclusion must be a mistake in my opinion
For the Kaipaki see my message from 8 September 2014 as #21

Regards
Alfons
Old 12th August 2017, 17:15
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1975 - 1985

Was aboard the Strathinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by murty View Post
I joined the Antrim as an EDH 14/4/75 in Sunderland payed off Tilbury 19/5/75 rejoined her as the Strathinch 27/5/75 and was on board her at the changeing of the colours,payed off Avonmouth 22/10/75,so maybe we sailed on her the same time Janathull.
Hi a I joined the Strathinch on 27/05/75 as a first trip deck boy. Wayne. Rember we anchored off Sheerness waiting for a radio officer.