FPSO Cidade de Vitoria - Ships Nostalgia
04:53

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

FPSO Cidade de Vitoria

User Tag List

Old 17th August 2012, 16:26
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1968 - 2009

FPSO Cidade de Vitoria

I ve just been approached to apply for a job as 2\E,Eng supervisor on this ship, Anybody on here know anything about her or sailed on her?
Ship was previously called, Margaux, Star Veraguas, Texaco Veraguas and was built in 1976 by IHI Japan. She was converted to an FPSO 2006 in Dubai!
I have applied for the job, well at £280 a day ! why not doubt I will get a look in tho Never realised the pay on these ship reached such dizzy heights, when did that happen?
Old 17th August 2012, 16:29
Catering 1958 - 2007
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1958 - 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekelly10 View Post
I ve just been approached to apply for a job as 2\E,Eng supervisor on this ship, Anybody on here know anything about her or sailed on her?
Ship was previously called, Margaux, Star Veraguas, Texaco Veraguas and was built in 1976 by IHI Japan. She was converted to an FPSO 2006 in Dubai!
I have applied for the job, well at £280 a day ! why not doubt I will get a look in tho Never realised the pay on these ship reached such dizzy heights, when did that happen?
If that's the day rate, it only works out at£140.00 pd so not average offshore.
Old 17th August 2012, 20:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burned Toast View Post
If that's the day rate, it only works out at£140.00 pd so not average offshore.
Average European/Canadian dayrates for 2/E in offshore industry is abt 350/450 sterling
Old 17th August 2012, 22:54

My location
I'm pretty sure she was an ex Ludwig Concordia class, and would have been an excellent ship when new, and even now depending on who did the conversion, and how well it was done.

Who is the current operator?

You should certainly try sucking your teeth a bit to see if you can improve the day rate.

Will they offer you permanent employment after a couple of hitches on day rate?

Best of luck, anyway.
Old 18th August 2012, 10:30
Department: Engineering
Active: 1968 - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by randcmackenzie View Post
I'm pretty sure she was an ex Ludwig Concordia class, and would have been an excellent ship when new, and even now depending on who did the conversion, and how well it was done.

Who is the current operator?

You should certainly try sucking your teeth a bit to see if you can improve the day rate.

Will they offer you permanent employment after a couple of hitches on day rate?

Best of luck, anyway.
Cheers. I don't think she was an ex Ludwig Concordia Tanker as I actually used to work as a 2\E for Concordia, But I actually sailed on the ULCC's Stena King\Queen.
The wage been offered for this new job, is well over double what I was payed as a seagoing engineer, that's the bit that surprised me!
The operator is Sapiem and it's offshore Brazil. If it had been offshore west Africa, I would not have applied for the job
The job is supposed to be for an initial 2 year contract, 28 days on, 28 days off. free flights etc. I'll have to wait and see what happens
Old 18th August 2012, 23:11

My location
Hello Again.

Definitely a Ludwig Concordia see her photo on Auk Visser.

Saipem is a good and reliable operator, and apart from travel time, working in Brazil should be fine.

I'll PM you.
Old 20th August 2012, 20:49
Ex marine truck driver
Department: Deck
Active: 1968 - 1992

The trouble with 28 on/28 off in Brazil is that travel time comes out of your leave time, therefore with the odd delay you will maybe only get 3 weeks home. Ask if you get extra pay for that.