Super Sparks - Page 5 - Ships Nostalgia
17:06

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Super Sparks

User Tag List

Old 12th November 2012, 19:53

I went to Brunel in 77 and did the MNTB Electronics Cert course and some C&G certs thanks to CP Ships. They endeavoured to send most of their ROs on the MNTB course. The Brunel course was excellent thanks to some very good instructors such whose name slip my mind now except for Alan Melia and Mr Needham.
Old 13th November 2012, 12:23
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Radio Officer
Active: 1966 - 1977

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by gand00k1n View Post
I went to Brunel in 77 and did the MNTB Electronics Cert course and some C&G certs thanks to CP Ships. They endeavoured to send most of their ROs on the MNTB course. The Brunel course was excellent thanks to some very good instructors such whose name slip my mind now except for Alan Melia and Mr Needham.
Hi
Glad you found it good and hope it helped in your career.

Best Wishes

Alan Melia.

PS you may also remember Peter Prance, Bob Kneeshaw, John Whitehead, Don Weston, David Heald, etc.
Old 13th November 2012, 18:58
Active: 1966 - 1987

Certainly helped my career hugely! Did the MNTB Electronics Cert at Brunel during 1973. I enjoyed the course very much, very hard work though! Can't now recall many of the personnel there but Alans and Peter Prance's names do come to mind. Remember building a SWR meter as a project there.
Old 15th November 2012, 06:41
Department: Electrician
Active: 1970 - 1997

gand00k1n,

I also did the MNTB course at Brunel in 1977. We may have been in the same class. There were several of us there from Blue Flue.

Alan,

Many thanks for reminding me of your names. I certainly learned a lot on that course. Rather a long time ago now, so I have forgotten the imaginary numbers!

Best regards,
Richard
Old 15th November 2012, 21:14
Active: 1966 - 1977

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardwakeley View Post
gand00k1n,

I also did the MNTB course at Brunel in 1977. We may have been in the same class. There were several of us there from Blue Flue.

Alan,

Many thanks for reminding me of your names. I certainly learned a lot on that course. Rather a long time ago now, so I have forgotten the imaginary numbers!

Best regards,
Richard
Richard, if they were imaginary, then you needn't remember them! they were just a figment of your imagination! Fortunately the beer down at the Ashley Hotel (ship aground bar) wasn't imaginary.

Best wishes
Alan