Shaw Savill Society NZ Reunion 2007 - Ships Nostalgia
08:19

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Shaw Savill Society NZ Reunion 2007

User Tag List

Old 27th March 2007, 02:58
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Purser
Active: 1967 - 1973

Post Shaw Savill Society NZ Reunion 2007

Final notice to all former Shaw Savill Line crew, officers, office staff, passengers or anyone with interest in Shaw Savill ships - our 10th National Gathering will be held at Tauranga, New Zealand over the weekend 20-22April 2007. If anyone is interested in joining this Reunion, please contact me as soon as possible - I have 80+ registered and attending - so there is still time to join us - if you act quickly.

Jamie Shedden
Reunion Co-ordinator
Old 15th May 2007, 00:01
Department: Engineering
Active: 1965 - 1968

Hi Jamie.
Would like to enroll in the NZ branch of the society and also the Australian branch.

I travel to Nz about every 6mnths and would look forward to the reunions.

Went to sea on Knight Templar in 1965 joined Saracen, Crusader, Almaric,and releived on NZ coast as engineer on Ceramic Corinthic Gothic.

Do Crusader line have a role in the society?or a we persona non gratia.

Congratulations on the work on this website you have inputed it has helped me greatly.

looking forward to your reply.

Roger Widdowson.
Old 15th May 2007, 10:03
Super Moderator
Department: Engineering
Active: 1952 - 1965

Greetings Roger and a warm welcome to to the site of SN. Thanks for signing on and enjoy the experience. Bon voyage.
Old 20th May 2007, 22:20

Reunion

Hi

Only just got on to the site so not clear about the form. May I as a UK resident join Shaw Savill NZ. I was a deck cadet on Coptic, Illyric and Athenic, plus a few day relieving on DM. I have visited Edwin Fox and Star of India , are there any other vessels left ? In retirement I am planning a small model of Coptic and am looking for photos, particularly anything showing deck/bridge in some detail. I would appeciate any advice or photos. I have a couple of old photos taken on Athenic which I will post , when I work how to do so

John Clark
Old 20th June 2007, 09:29

My location
Shaw Savill Society

Hi Jamie,

I've tried to send you a private message but it says you are full up, and have to delete some before you can recieve any more.

Cheers,
John Crossland
Old 28th August 2007, 04:22

g/day jamie lowrie ewen here would like make contact become a member.only sailed in two companies shaw savill & ben line hope to hear from you soon thanks
lowrie
Old 11th May 2008, 02:55

It's interesting that there is a SSA society,I sailed on the last voyage of the Dominion Monarch in '62,leaving NZ was very tearfull,to say the least,church bells rang and the fireboats streamed their hose's in Wellington,and thats not all,somebody stole the ships bell from the foredeck,I often wonder if it was ever found,I figured it would apear in the Wellington Bar some day,did that ever happen?Of course the Dominion Monarch was loved by the people of NZ,it was the ship that brought back the troops to NZ after the 2nd world war,Paddy.
Old 19th May 2008, 21:34

sailed on the ceramic when i was a j.o.s sailed cannaries ,curaco. tarangu napier
bluff and a few more in between band from going ashore dockers went on strike over us and finally locked up in bluff untill the ship sailed got a D,R WHAT A TRIP
to be young and foolish again
Old 26th May 2008, 13:02
doric doric is offline   SN Supporter
doric

Hello Paddy,

I did my first deep sea voyage on the " Demented Maniac " ( as the Dm was known by her crew ) in 1950, also did the second voyage, both times as Elect Engr. She was a great ship, and well appointed for passengers. At one time she was the largest refrigerated cargo ship in the world, but still carried 500 1st class passengers. Terence Willams. ( R538301 )