Adobe Flash problem - Ships Nostalgia
13:43

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Adobe Flash problem

User Tag List

Old 28th December 2015, 20:08

My location
Adobe Flash problem

Whenever I use Skype, I keep getting messages come up in a little box at the top left of the screen:

"ArgumentError: Error #1063: Argument count mismatch on com.integralads.solution:etector4IE/initStage(). Expected 0, got 1."

If I hit return, the message usually goes, but very quickly comes back again and again and so on whilst I'm in Skype.

Any ideas anyone?

I'm using Vista and Firefox.

"There is no such thing as a bum note...I only take the opportunity to expand the transcendental vibrations to explore the lesser known highways and byways of musical theory! I find it best to play it loud...that way no one can say you did not mean it!" Dorothy Willows

Currently testing: www.cable962.listen2myradio.com
www.yellsoundfm.listen2myradio.com
Old 29th December 2015, 04:55
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1958 - Present

My location
Wait to see if one of the computer guru's come up with the answer but if not, I'm no expert but check that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash (they are infamous for constant upgrades).

If this doesn't solve the problem, Skype had an upgrade out today so see if IOU have it.

If all else fails, do a full backup then un-install and reinstall Skype.

Good luck
Old 29th December 2015, 15:57

My location
Have also just had the following:

SecurityError: Error #2060: Security sandbox violation: ExternalInterface caller https://cdn.doubleverify.com/dvdtc.swf cannot access https://static.skypeassets.com/adser...version=1.68.3.
at flash.external::ExternalInterface$/_initJS()
at flash.external::ExternalInterface$/call()
at dvdtc()[C:\Users\kayoded\Documents\dvdtc\src\dvdtc.as:26]

"There is no such thing as a bum note...I only take the opportunity to expand the transcendental vibrations to explore the lesser known highways and byways of musical theory! I find it best to play it loud...that way no one can say you did not mean it!" Dorothy Willows

Old 29th December 2015, 15:57

My location
I keep getting upgrades all the time and allow them to download.

Old 29th December 2015, 15:59

My location
I'll have a look later though, many thanks for your reply.

Old 30th December 2015, 05:07

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie View Post
I keep getting upgrades all the time and allow them to download.
Hi Coastie: That is probably where the problem lies. Try doing a "system restore" to an earlier date preferably well before the problem started to show up. However, turn off your anti-virus software first.
BTW: Never allow upgrades to download themselves!
Old 1st January 2016, 01:39

My location
Have uploaded the latest and, for a while it seemed to be ok, but it has started mucking around again and I am getting messages like this just now: ArgumentError: Error #1063: Argument count mismatch on com.integralads.solution:etector4IE/initStage(). Expected 0, got 1.

Old 1st January 2016, 01:41

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltic Star View Post
Hi Coastie: That is probably where the problem lies. Try doing a "system restore" to an earlier date preferably well before the problem started to show up. However, turn off your anti-virus software first.
BTW: Never allow upgrades to download themselves!
I don't know how to do that, I am a computer numpty. I always make sure I download updates when I'm ready. Otherwise, I find that the computer shuts off to restart and in doing so, the Radio Station goes off air.

Old 1st January 2016, 07:19

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie View Post
I don't know how to do that, I am a computer numpty. I always make sure I download updates when I'm ready. Otherwise, I find that the computer shuts off to restart and in doing so, the Radio Station goes off air.
I'm a bit worried about giving advice if this is a Radio Station computer as my experience is limited to what I have done to keep our machines running. However, if you PM me with the version of Windows you are using I might be able to tell you how to do a System Restore to before the updates.
Old 3rd January 2016, 11:41

My location
First i would try using internet explorer with skype and see if it works that way. If that don't work. [ejector 4IE] Next uninstall adobe ther reinstall making sure you are using the correct version for VISTA +Firefox, it uses a different version to IE Next I would try reinstalling skype making sure its the correct version
Old 4th January 2016, 06:30

My location
Coastie: First of all, try Pauld's suggestions, none of which can do any harm. If they don't solve the problem here are instructions on how to do a System Restore on Vista.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/w...system-restore

You will not lose any e-mails, files or documents when you do a restore but you will lose any new programs your have added after the date you select for the restore.

This action deletes all the MS updates up to the time of the restore which is probably what is causing your problem.

Keep the instructions as most likely in your computing life, you will need to do a System Restore.
Old 4th January 2016, 10:17
user
Active: 1969 - 1973

Mainstream updates for Windows vista ended in 2012,all you get now are security fixes.Vista is a very bad operating system,even Microsoft admit that.
The best thing you can do is move up a notch to at least Windows 7.Waste of time resorting to system restore every five minutes.
Old 5th January 2016, 06:22

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dryden View Post
Mainstream updates for Windows vista ended in 2012,all you get now are security fixes.Vista is a very bad operating system,even Microsoft admit that.
The best thing you can do is move up a notch to at least Windows 7.Waste of time resorting to system restore every five minutes.
Good advice.