Royal Iris of the Mersey/New IOM Berth - Ships Nostalgia
20:27

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Royal Iris of the Mersey/New IOM Berth

User Tag List

Old 6th August 2016, 11:56

Royal Iris of the Mersey/New IOM Berth

Royal Iris of the Mersey:
Does anyone know what has happened to the Royal Iris after the near sinking at Eastham Locks? Reported as taking in water and her passengers taken off by a dredger. Presumably Iris would need to be dry docked for repairs. But I can't find were the vessel is now or if she is back in service.

I.O.M. Steam Packet Co:
I read that the Manx Government have set aside 5 million towards of re siting the current berth to Waterloo Half Tide Basin. They are also in "advanced" talks with Peel Holdings. Who owns their current berth? Is it Liverpool or Peel? The report I read said the the IOM berth was needed for the new Cruise Liner Terminal.
Graysonlad
Old 6th August 2016, 19:50
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1958 - 1972

Royal Iris of the Mersey is in No 6 Drydock at Cammell Lairds and is expected to remain there for another couple of weeks