Model of M.V. Benarty - Ships Nostalgia
19:36

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Model of M.V. Benarty

User Tag List

Old 24th July 2005, 23:20

Model of M.V. Benarty

"Model Boats" magazine advertise a drawing of the Benarty by Jimmy Wood costing 16.00. it's 1625mm long but no further information is supplied. Does anyone know anything about this drawing ? or better still built a model of this or any older Ben line vessel, say one of the post war steamers (their likes will never be seen again.......! )
Stoker
Old 24th July 2005, 23:38

My location
Ah the Ben Line, my ex company, their ships were always beautifully maintained and a pleasure to sail on.
Old 25th July 2005, 06:58
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1957 - 1972

Derek I would like to whole heartedly agree with these comments....I too sailed with the"Greyhounds of the Far East".........great ships ..hard work but the best .......there was a model kit of the "Benledi" brought out by revel models I think then it was namechanged to whatever it was after the Ben Line (the model I mean ) .........backsplice
Old 25th July 2005, 07:34

My location
Ben Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by backsplice
Derek I would like to whole heartedly agree with these comments....I too sailed with the"Greyhounds of the Far East".........great ships ..hard work but the best .......there was a model kit of the "Benledi" brought out by revel models I think then it was namechanged to whatever it was after the Ben Line (the model I mean ) .........backsplice
Right on Backsplice, you and I need to compare ships, at the risk of boring everyone else on the site I was on the Benvrackie, Benledi, Benattow and a couple of others, I was on the Benloyal on her maiden voyage in June 1959, my last Ben boat, I still have a copy of the brochure they produced on her.
Old 25th July 2005, 13:22

The drawing is a set of plans for building a model of latest Benarty. J.Wood built an exhibition standard model to these plans, if you are interested it would allow a authentic model to be built.
There was a series of articles in Model Boats describing his building of the model, with photos.
Old 26th July 2005, 10:20
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1957 - 1972

Derek I was on the "BEN ALBANACH 69 .........BENSTAC..69/70 ....the STAC was a magnificent speciman of a cargo ship .........have you seen the Benline site ???.backsplice
Old 26th July 2005, 10:28

My location
Ben Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by backsplice
Derek I was on the "BEN ALBANACH 69 .........BENSTAC..69/70 ....the STAC was a magnificent speciman of a cargo ship .........have you seen the Benline site ???.backsplice
Ah backsplice you're just a pup compared to me, you were well after my time.

I have seen the Ben Line site and have been very disappointed in it's lack of use. I keep going back there in the hope of catching up with some old shipmates but it just never gets used it's a real shame.