Photographs of "City of Perth" (1949, Ellerman Lines) - Ships Nostalgia
02:50

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Photographs of "City of Perth" (1949, Ellerman Lines)

User Tag List

Old 3rd May 2012, 10:06

Photographs of "City of Perth" (1949, Ellerman Lines)

Hi All,

I am doing some research with a view to having a model of the above ship produced. We have spoken with the Dundee City Archives department, who have plans for the ship on file, but our model maker has also asked for as many photographs as possible (not the easiest request to fulfill, it seems).

I have searched on this forum and found a photograph from circa 1967, but the on deck arrangements appear to have been altered, so this is not much use to us. If anyone has any suggestions of where to look, I would be immensely grateful.

Many thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:25

Greetings - Suggest you look on www.photoship.co.uk - lots of pictures of this vessel - good luck BV
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:25
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Radio Officer
Active: 1964 - 1975

My location
I have a photo of City of Perth in the Ships in Focus 'Ellerman Lines' publication. She is in profile and might be better than the photo on this site. I do not know when it was taken. If you do not have this and send me a Private Message with your home address I will photocopy it and send it you.
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:24

n. liddell - thank you so much, what a brilliant resource!

TS - thank you for your kind offer, I do not want to trouble you unnecessarily but may well come back to you if our model maker is not satisfied with what we can e-mail across at the moment.
Old 5th May 2012, 01:10

City of Perth

Hello
I have a photo (2 actually) of the City of Perth. The photo was in a roll of film that came with a camera I bought many years ago. Most of the other photos have been taken in and around the City of Perth Western Australia and as far as I can determine the period is about 1948 (judging by pictures of the city). The photos I have are scanned are around 1.5 mb in size. The first is not great quality. How will I send these photos to you? Hope that they can help with your quest.

Regards Mangrove Jack