TalkTalk Headache. - Ships Nostalgia
06:47

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

TalkTalk Headache.

User Tag List

Old 6th November 2014, 04:24
Organisation: Royal Fleet Auxilary
Department: Deck
Active: 1958 - 2006

TalkTalk Headache.

I have just moved house from Portland to Chickerell. A month prior to the move I contacted TalkTalk to set up a Moving House requirement. It was confirmed by TalkTalk that on the 27th October my TalkTalk package from my old house would close and I would be going live at my new address on the same day. On arrival at our new address a new package deal(talkTalk Essentials) was received the same as the old one the only thing that has changed is my telephone number and that I can carry on using my original email Add' Username and Password. Fine I can access My Emails OK but I cannot access My Account. I try to log-in using those very same details and it comes back telling me that either My username or Password is incorrect. I have contacted TalkTalk but they keep telling me to Re-register which I have tried many times and that keeps telling me that I am already registered please use your email address and password to log-in then I am back where I started still no access to My Account. Please any thoughts lads. Do I have to reset something? but there is no where to reset?.
REGARDS.TONY. (OLD STRAWBS.)(DISCHARGE BOOK No R691311) CAREER (1956-1958) T S ARETHUSA(215, QDST, 21 MESS)/ (1958-1963)/ RFA/ (1964-1965) AUWE / (1965/1973) SHORESIDE/ (1973-1995)PAS/RMAS (PORTLAND NAVAL BASE)/ (1996-2002) RFA/ (2002-2005) HMP WEARE.
Old 6th November 2014, 06:32
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1975 - 1991

The charity I am involved with have been having a similar problem, it does not help that the call centre is in India and most of the "advisors" don't speak or understand English.

It has got so bad that we are going to change provider.
Old 6th November 2014, 08:07

My mother in law was with Talk Talk for a number of years and without warning her telephone number changed and she could not receive or make calls, or use broadband. Despite numerous calls and cost to India (absolute rubbish call centre) , no further forward. Transferred to BT and no issues.
Have heard from others since that customer service at Talk Talk is notorious, but I hope you get your issue resolved soon.
Old 6th November 2014, 12:22
Active: 1967 - 1976

My location
I have been with Talktalk for 4 years and I have recently renewed my contract and during the negotiations I found that depending on the time of day that you call the customer services, you can be put through to India, South Africa or the UK (Hull). The South African call centre was very good......

Cheers Frank
Old 6th November 2014, 12:44
Department: Radio Officer
Active: 1960 - 1966

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank P View Post
... I found that depending on the time of day that you call the customer services, you can be put through to India, South Africa or the UK (Hull).
Frank, what time of the day avoids the Indian call centre?

Never regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many. Don't worry about old age - it doesn't last.
Old 6th November 2014, 14:28
Active: 1954 - 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleymerchant View Post
The charity I am involved with have been having a similar problem, it does not help that the call centre is in India and most of the "advisors" don't speak or understand English.
It has got so bad that we are going to change provider.
Nearly two years ago I changed over from TalkTalk to Plusnet and quadrupled my broadband speed.
They are considered a good outfit albeit under a BT umbrella.
No Indian call centre, not that I have had a need as yet for problem solving.

Keith
Old 6th November 2014, 15:14

Quote:
I have been with Talktalk for 4 years and I have recently renewed my contract and during the negotiations I found that depending on the time of day that you call the customer services, you can be put through to India, South Africa or the UK (Hull). The South African call centre was very good......

Cheers Frank
Frank, what time of day/night can we expect to be served by the HULL center?
Old 6th November 2014, 16:22

Try this number 0870 4441820 TalkTalk call centre in Wales.
Old 6th November 2014, 20:52

My location
Hello Ron and Nick, I found that after 2pm I seemed to get either South Africa or UK, in the mornings I tended to get India. The deal that I accepted was via the South African call centre......

Cheers Frank
Old 6th November 2014, 21:24
Active: 1960 - 1966

My location
Many thanks for the information.

Never regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many. Don't worry about old age - it doesn't last.
Old 6th November 2014, 22:28

Since May this year I have been trying to set up a direct debit with BT with little success. Like others I have been connected to India and South Africa. The only progress I made was setting up a DDebit which ended up with 349 being removed from my bank account and straight into the coffers of BT. Fortuantly my bank managed to get the money back within 24 hours. I then had to go through the whole rigmarole of trying to set up a new direct debit with no success. Finally I phoned BT and said that I was reporting the matter to Offtel and they could deal with them. Again I was connected to a call centre in India.Ten minutes after making the call, I received a telephone call from BT Direct Debit centre in Durham, all full of apologies. I made an official complaint which is now being investigated. I did get my Direct Debit set up though, with the first payment being llth of this month.
Old 6th November 2014, 22:41
Department: Electrician
Active: 1962 - 1978

I moved from AOL to Plusnet about 3 years ago. Much cheaper, faster speeds, and when I have a problem (which is rare) A good old Yorkshire man talks me through it. Each year I negotiate a lower rate just by saying I am going to move to another provider. At the moment paying 1.75/Month for unlimited broadband. I also have Phone with them 4.50/month unlimited calls anytime. +0870. 0845 numbers etc.and line rental is less than BT charge
Old 6th November 2014, 23:26

My location
Plusnet is now a fully owned subsidiary of BT, so be prepared for price rises in the not to distant future.......
Old 6th November 2014, 23:37

My location
Quote:
Plusnet is now a fully owned subsidiary of BT, so be prepared for price rises in the not to distant future.......
BT seem to be taking a long time to inflict these price rises, considering that they took over Plusnet in January 2007.

See :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plusnet
Old 7th November 2014, 09:19

Quote:
Hello Ron and Nick, I found that after 2pm I seemed to get either South Africa or UK, in the mornings I tended to get India. The deal that I accepted was via the South African call centre......

Cheers Frank
Thanks Frank.
Old 7th November 2014, 15:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca57 View Post
Try this number 0870 4441820 TalkTalk call centre in Wales.
Thanks Macca57. Called it this morning. He didn't sound very Welsh to me but after going round the houses it has been decided that there is a fault on the Moving House procedure so according to him it has been put up for "Immediate Action" Uum??.
REGARDS.TONY. (OLD STRAWBS.)(DISCHARGE BOOK No R691311) CAREER (1956-1958) T S ARETHUSA(215, QDST, 21 MESS)/ (1958-1963)/ RFA/ (1964-1965) AUWE / (1965/1973) SHORESIDE/ (1973-1995)PAS/RMAS (PORTLAND NAVAL BASE)/ (1996-2002) RFA/ (2002-2005) HMP WEARE.
Old 7th November 2014, 15:07
Active: 1969 - 1973

Cough, cough, Plusnet is owned by BT!!!!! Nobody told me .....
Old 31st May 2016, 06:04
Organisation: Other Merchant Fleets
Department: Engineering
Active: 1980 - 1985

When I shifted to new house, I provided all the necessary information to TalkTalk and they shifted their connection to the new house. I also faced the similar problem regarding mail opening and its password. I talked to TalkTalk customer care number mentioned here and apprise them the position. When my problem was not solved even after contacting customer care 2 to 3 times, I contacted their top official and discussed the problem with him. He promised me that till evening my problem will be solved. And in evening when I again tried my mail with password, it was opening normal. If your problem is not solved you can also have a talk with the top officials.
Old 31st May 2016, 11:00

This problem occured nearly two years ago and has long been sorted out but thanks anyway.