Northern Star (Shaw Savill Line)1972 Approx - Ships Nostalgia
08:35

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Northern Star (Shaw Savill Line)1972 Approx

User Tag List

Old 26th April 2008, 00:56

Northern Star (Shaw Savill Line)1972 Approx

Gerald B Mason from Newmarket England wanting to get in touch with the following'
Charles Patrick Otway-London
Jimmy Cox - Plymouth
John Main/Mayne Kinghorn Scotland

I am currently living in Australia and would like to contact all of the above whom served on the Northern Star (Shaw Savill Line) around 1972.
Old 4th April 2014, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmason View Post
Gerald B Mason from Newmarket England wanting to get in touch with the following'
Charles Patrick Otway-London
Jimmy Cox - Plymouth
John Main/Mayne Kinghorn Scotland

I am currently living in Australia and would like to contact all of the above whom served on the Northern Star (Shaw Savill Line) around 1972.
Hi Gerry it's Chas Otway, now living in the UK. I have tried looking for you for ages my friend. Where in Australia are you living? I have tried a whole bunch of Masons on Skype but no luck for the last 15 years???
I see your post on this side is 2008. As it is now 2014 I hope you get to see this reply.
Bye for now
Chas

Last edited by Pompeyfan; 4th April 2014 at 17:34..
Old 4th April 2014, 17:44
Super Moderator

Chas

In line with site policy, I have removed your e-mail address for your own security to prevent you from being inundated with e-mails. Gerry, or indeed any member can contact you via the sites Private Message system where you can disclose your e-mail address safely if you so wish.

I was aboard Northern Star in 1968 as passenger emigrating to NZ. I got to know a few crew including her carpenter Ray Dyer who came from the Isle of Wight the same as me. I visited the ship each time she came Auckland.

Good luck with contacting Gerry and other former shipmates
Old 7th April 2014, 11:40

Northern Star and Gerry Mason

Hi Gerry
I have sent a private message with my email address. Where in Australia do you live so I can look up the phone number?? Please reply soon so that we can catch up.
Chas Otway
Old 7th April 2014, 11:47

Super Moderator

Hi David
Thanks for moderating my post and for all your good work on this site. I left the Northern Star in 1967 and joined the P&O Oronsay until 1969 when I left the sea and went Australia as 10 tourist/immigrant. As I was a Steward, the Chippy's and my path would not have crossed normally.
Thanks again
Chas
Old 23rd March 2015, 21:35
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1966 - 1973

Hi Gerry, I sailed with john main on the aranda, he and I were great mates and I would love to hear from him also, I live in new Zealand now and last saw john about 1970-71 when the star visited wellington good luck in your search if you find john please tell him alex o'neill is trying to contact him,cheers mate alex
Old 24th March 2015, 13:12

Hi Alex, my name is Chas(Charlie) Otway and I sailed with Gerry on the Northern Star and the Canopic. I tried for many years to find him but sadly his son in law contacted me last year via this thread, and informed me that he had had a heart attack and passed away in 2012.
RIP Gerry Mason, we had some great times together. And you taught me drive too! Thank you my friend for some brilliant memories.
Old 22nd April 2015, 00:59

Looking for passengers on Northern Star 1966

Hi my name is Elaine and I travelled on the Shaw Saville Line, Northern Star in June 1966. There was a bunch of us teenagers who knocked around together and I would love to find someone. Especially a guy from Australia, I think the surname is Tilly, that is the only family on the passenger list who did the round trip.