Hogarths (Old School)1957-60 - Ships Nostalgia
09:36

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Hogarths (Old School)1957-60

User Tag List

Old 1st April 2018, 20:19

Hogarths (Old School)1957-60

Hi There,
Just discovered this web site and was delighted to hear that some members of the line are still engaging in on-going memories of nutrition
provided by the company!
I served on board the 'Baron Ramsay'around 1958 on one of her final voyages.Conditions were abysmal and one trip was sufficient for a 16 year old on board this 1926 tramp steamer. However a couple of years passed and I 'bit the bullet' and joined the newly built 'Baron Wemyss'
for her maiden voyage from Sunderland.What a difference...A great ship
great crew and great ports of call.Catering had improved and I completed a second voyage departing from Greenock. Should anyone recall crewing these vessels during the periods mentioned I'd be happy to discuss these nostalgic voyages.
Old 1st April 2018, 22:06
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1956 - 1960

Hi, Welcome, if you look at the tramp ships section you will see there are still a few of us still about.
Davie
Old 4th April 2018, 07:14
Bilge Rat
Department: Engineering
Active: 1957 - 1963

My location
a warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer
Old 4th April 2018, 09:08
Department: Purser
Active: 1966 - 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by levlalvel View Post
Hi There,
Just discovered this web site and was delighted to hear that some members of the line are still engaging in on-going memories of nutrition
provided by the company!
I served on board the 'Baron Ramsay'around 1958 on one of her final voyages.Conditions were abysmal and one trip was sufficient for a 16 year old on board this 1926 tramp steamer. However a couple of years passed and I 'bit the bullet' and joined the newly built 'Baron Wemyss'
for her maiden voyage from Sunderland.What a difference...A great ship
great crew and great ports of call.Catering had improved and I completed a second voyage departing from Greenock. Should anyone recall crewing these vessels during the periods mentioned I'd be happy to discuss these nostalgic voyages.
I`m still looking for anyone who knew or sailed with a Master called Henry`Nabs`Kitchen,he was an old friend of my fathers and would have been with the company at the time you mention.