USS Liberty - Ships Nostalgia
11:38

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

USS Liberty

User Tag List

Old 27th August 2018, 13:36

USS Liberty

Was anyone on the USS Liberty over Christmas 1966 down the West African Coast?
Old 27th August 2018, 21:08

I was.
Old 28th August 2018, 08:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I was.
Can you recall being in port in I think Takoradi, and a lot of your guys came on board a British Merchant Ship called the Obuasi for a beer session. It turned into a free for all fist fight with the end result your guys heading ashore very quickly, and back to your own ship. Can you recall what caused the free for all, and can you recall what our payback was towards your guys that night? 😁 I was a 16 year old crew member on the Obuasi at that time. I know what caused the fight to start. Thought your guys were great. I can recall a tall guy from Texas sharing some cookies with us that his Mother had made. We were invited onboard the Liberty, and I was amazed to see that you had coke machines on there. One of your guys showed us where he stored his gear, by by lifting up his bunk, with the storage area being under it.